jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever published a hub before it was ready?

1. Mekenzie profile image83
    Mekenzieposted 5 years ago

Have you ever published a hub before it was ready?

I have a habit of publishing my work before it has been carefully proofed.  Does anyone else do this?

2. HereToHelp2012 profile image60
    HereToHelp2012posted 5 years ago

Yes i do this i am terrible at grammar. Sometimes i will just get into writing and forget all about it lol. Then without thinking publish and within 5 minutes im back editing trying to find my mistakes and spelling commas errors so your not alone big_smile.

Mekenzieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I can relate.  Most of the time when I am writing, I just dump it out as it comes.  I write furiously in order to keep up with my thoughts.  I do proof before publishing, but I find I need time to reread and look at it several times with fresh eyes.

3. ShalahChayilJOY profile image60
    ShalahChayilJOYposted 5 years ago

Yes, because I am impatient to put it out there and fail to really take the time to polish. I am working on trying to be much better at reworking my drafts and really paying attention to what I am trying to convey.

I am impatient too.  I get so excited about the topic that I can hardly wait to get it published.  When I find errors after publishing I think; "When will you learn!"

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I think I spend too much time proofing my hubs.  Even so, I find errors after I have sent them through.  Sometimes I go back and read them and see where I can improve the grammar and language.  I think we all tend to experience this in some way.

teaches, I think I need to let a hub sit unpublished for at least a week.  It is amazing how many times I will find better ways to communicate a thought and/or find errors when I go back for a reread.  Helps to know I am not alone. smile

5. LetitiaFT profile image82
    LetitiaFTposted 5 years ago

My feeling is it's never ready. Like you and Teaches, I spend too much time proofing and then letting hubs sit aside, and yet months after publishing I still come across anything from typos to entire excerpts that demand reworking. Of course some hubs are readier than others to be published when I hit "publish now."
    Unfortunately, that button sits frightfully close to the "save unpublished" button. I mistook the one for the other on my first hub. Though I caught myself immediately and unpublished it, I didn't come back to it and start writing others for another 7 months. Now my stats show have a long flat zone, with the good stuff crammed into the far right end of the chart.
    In all, I must hit "save unpublished" about 20 times more often than I do "publish now."

So,you understand my dilemma too.smile To publish or not to publish, this is the question.smile I have 2 unpublished hubs sitting right now.  I've only had a few experiences when it all came together easy. The most amazing was A co-written series.

6. ChristyWrites profile image83
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

Uh yes! I did this once and then I had to quickly add in the photos. I hoped that no one would read the hub before I was able to do so...

You did this only once?  Oh, you are good!  I know what you mean about hoping no one else sees it before it is completed.  Thanks!

working