jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do Hubbers notice that their traffic increases during Summer vacation?

1. Skarlet profile image87
    Skarletposted 5 years ago

Do Hubbers notice that their traffic increases during Summer vacation?

I just started writing barely three months ago, and since I have been here I noticed my traffic increase in the mid afternoon. I am wondering if that means during Summer vacation the traffic will be consistent all day.

2. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

Last June, and it is looking like this one too, my traffic actual decreased.

3. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

There are a lot of students that use this site and are more active during the summer months. Also if you have hubs that are more "summer friendly" you'll find your traffic increases because of that.

4. tmbridgeland profile image83
    tmbridgelandposted 5 years ago

My traffic spikes every Monday. Weekends are the slowest. I think people surf the web on Monday because they are bored and tired at work. On weekends they have better things to do. Vacations are always slower for me.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Traffic flows are really variable by topic.  Many authors find they have a time of year that is stronger than some other months, but for every person who says they see their traffic going up, there are always others who say they are having a downswing.

If your writing is more relevant to the summer season, it may go up.  But the folks who prefer to gear their topics to the winter holiday season probably won't agree with you.

6. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 5 years ago

Summer is often considered to be a slow time for online sales. Of course this depends upon your niche selection. If you want to bolster your summer sales. You can focus on items that are geared toward summer fun in the sun. Summer travel destinations can also be the source for added summer traffic.

I've written online for almost 9 years now. Each year I've identified slow periods and tried to develop niches to bolster them.