jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is the puspose of article groups?

1. Marc Rohde profile image72
    Marc Rohdeposted 5 years ago

What is the puspose of article groups?

I understand using them to organize articles but it doesn't appear as if the groups are used anywhere outside of account managment on hub pages.  Am I missing an opportuinty to structure and present the articles better?

2. dwachira profile image81
    dwachiraposted 5 years ago

Apart from organizing your hubs, hub grouping also increases your hubs visibility. As visitor view or read one of the hub from the group, the other hubs from the same group will be listed at the bottom of that hub.

Marc Rohdeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great!  That is what I was missing!

3. Ms Dee profile image90
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

Maybe you're missing this?  At the bottom of each hub is a bar, with the first line of "Vote Up", "Share", "Print", etc. and second line with "useful", "funny", etc. Directly underneath that is the third line and you might see a title of another of your hubs there with a L arrow, and on the right side of that line a title of yet another of your hubs with a R arrow. These two hubs are from the group you've put the hub in. One listed directly before and one after in your Group list. Therefore, by changing the order of the list in that Group, you can control which two hub titles appear on this line. Hope this helps.

Marc Rohdeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great explanation!  I was seeing the articles but apparently it was showing my unrelated, ungrouped articles.

2. Ms Dee profile image90
      Ms Deeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Glad it helped! I note that now that the hub page format has changed there is not all those things I listed still on a bar at the bottom.

working