jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I notice when I google my pen name comments I have made on hubs show up. Why is

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

I notice when I google my pen name comments I have made on hubs show up. Why is that?

I include my pen name as a tag in all of my hubs so that I can keep tabs on my work. The last time I did this, (a few days ago) comments that I had made on other peoples hubs showed up in the search. That seems like a recent change and I was not to happy to see this. It is not that I do not mean what I say when I make a comment, but I never meant for my comments to be a marketing tool for other people. How do other people feel about this?

2. mr williams profile image48
    mr williamsposted 5 years ago

I cant answer that question but you just gave me a great idea. Thanks

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would be against it.  I found this true of another site I belong to - not writing - and i was stunned that comments made on the site are basically pubic. I have no idea why this happens nor how to stop it.  Wish I could.

4. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

Personally, I'm not too concern, because I don't know how many people would google my name. But if they did and it directs them to a comment I don't think that is necessary a huge deal, because my comment also includes a link to my profile.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

All of HubPages' public spaces (published hubs, forums, Q&A, etc) have always been searchable and scannable by Google. 

It has also always been that when you leave a comment, and you are a member on the site, it leaves a link with your user name (going back to your profile) with the comment.  If you are not a member, or not signed in, it won't ID the comments, but that material is still public.

The only "private" spaces are your dashboard and account pages, and Hubs that are not published yet.

1. davenmidtown profile image88
      davenmidtownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am wondering why this has just showed up... I search my name a lot to look for stolen content and this is the first time that comments have shown up. So I just looked again, it references my name and links to the hub I commented on. No link to me..

working