jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Does HubPages count our own page views?

1. Angie Jardine profile image80
    Angie Jardineposted 5 years ago

Does HubPages count our own page views?

It sometimes looks a bit suspicious when I have been editing a hub and immediately afterwards the stats show 1 page view where it had previously been zero.
    If this is the case I would like it to stop as it obviously gives us an inaccurate count.

2. Judi Bee profile image97
    Judi Beeposted 5 years ago

Yes, your own views are counted Angie.  I don't know if there is a way of stopping it though - if there is, I haven't discovered it.

Angie Jardineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, thanks Judi, that is annoying ...
      Google have a way of stopping your own page views from being counted on Blogger - I wonder why HP can't do that?
      I think I will have to be very selective about working with my hubs in future.

3. smlbizmatters profile image68
    smlbizmattersposted 5 years ago

I does but when you're editing you know that's not what I like to call true traffic especially when it's an unpublished hub so have free reign there. After the hub is published though if I update or edit my hub I try not to go look at it as much if that hub is getting low traffic. If its a higher traffic driving hub it doesn't much matter because it's performing well. All in all I would worry about it so much.

Angie Jardineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer. I realise a hub is not counted before publishing but I often go back over time to add to/polish/update etc. I know it is only a few views so I guess I'll just count them as the ones I lost on hubs I have deleted.

Closed to reply

working