jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Please someone help us all----is it not the case that to be ranked well by Googl

1. Doodlehead profile image79
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

Please someone help us all----is it not the case that to be ranked well by Google here at hubpages

our hubs need to focus on a single subject area?   Like all on vacations or all on finance or all on childcare or something like that.   

Otherwise Google does not think your hub is focused enough.  Is this correct.?

2. Ms Dee profile image85
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

What I've heard/read here at HubPages is that our hub site can have hub articles covering various topics.

1. Doodlehead profile image79
      Doodleheadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay---if that is true, then what causes us to gain or lose Google traffic?  Not challenging you, just asking.   I really don't know.

3. cfin profile image81
    cfinposted 5 years ago

Each hub is separate and therefore, with the views being ranked separately, the subject matter will be separate.
    Within each hub though, the subject should not be too random.

4. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

I have written almost all of my hubs in one area, but several of the hubbers that I have followed are ranked high and yet write on several subjects. You can use the webstatchecker to look at where your hubs are, and also look at other hubbers if you plug in their names. One of the hubbers that writes mostly about dogs has about five first place positions on google, none of them about dogs (mostly recipes,etc.)
    I do think it is important to have several hubs on the same subject so that they can be linked together, but I have no statistics to prove that.

working