jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How many Hubbers have created SiteMaps on Webmaster Tools to improve traffic?

1. Novel Treasure profile image90
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

How many Hubbers have created SiteMaps on Webmaster Tools to improve traffic?

Just curious how many hubbers have actually done this and did you notice a difference in your traffic?

2. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Yep, I signed up with Google Webmaster Tools a few months ago and added a sitemap to my hubpages sub-domain. I can't tell if it helped my traffic at all, because my traffic was already increasing for other reasons, but I think it does help.

What is really nice are the tools available in webmaster tools once you have set it up. You can look at who is giving you backlinks, what keywords are popular in your content, and most importantly, if google is having any errors crawling your website/pages/hubs.

The webmaster tools was very easy to set up, so I would recommend it to anyone even if it doesn't directly help increase traffic.

It is also helpful for determining if your hubs are indexed by Google, for those who might be concerned about this.

1. Novel Treasure profile image90
      Novel Treasureposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How were you able to add a sitemap to your hubpages domain? I thought we couldn't. I know you can add HP but I couldn't add a sitemap.

2. internpete profile image91
      internpeteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I couldn't tell you exactly. I found a hub that gave simple steps on how to do it, so I gave it a try and it worked. It had something to do with adding a few things to the end of my subdomain's url. I will see if I can find the hub...

working