jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Earnings?

1. gaganbhatia profile image61
    gaganbhatiaposted 5 years ago

Amazon Earnings?

I have a big confusion & I require your help. I do not have a google adsense account right now, but my Amazon account is active & I have amazon capsules in all my articles. From last month I am seeing that whenever I open my Amazon account, it shows 0 clicks. Although I know few of my friends have clicked those amazon links in my articles, so I should be earning with that. But it is showing 0 clicks & 0 earnings. Why?
    Do I have to do anything extra to start my earning with Amazon. Please tell?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

With Amazon, you don't earn from clicks; you earn from sales. Are you sorting your results properly? I often find that when I look at the daily action on Amazon, it's not updated right away. I find out more from the 'Quarter to Date' sorting.

Be very careful with friends clicking on your links. You could be banned for such a thing if they are not clicking on the links to actually buy an item. Excessive clicking just to earn you money is never a good idea.

gaganbhatiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ya I have told my friends not to do it again. So, as you say, I will wait for sometime & then check. Maybe then it will be fully updated. Thx.

3. ElizaDoole profile image87
    ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago

To be honest I'm beginning to think the Amazon program is a bit of a scam. I've written over 50 high quality hubs with several Amazon product capsules. I find that I am not able to link to many Amazon products despite them being there for sale. There's a problem with UK Amazon and Hubpages, in that Hubpages caters for US Amazon and when a UK account user clicks my link to make a purchase, my tracking ID is lost when they convert the site to Amazon.co.uk as they have to do to access their own account.
    I asked HP to sort this months ago but they haven't. They and we are losing revenue. The only winners are Amazon, who are still getting purchases from my hubs. Or Amazon.co.uk to be more accurate.

Totally agree with you

2. yesblogger profile image60
      yesbloggerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You need a separate account for the UK Amazon; your US affiliate ID will only work with purchases made in the US.

3. gaganbhatia profile image61

Thanks yesblogger

working