jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you apply for Mechanical Turk?

1. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

How do you apply for Mechanical Turk?

I see some of you are already on board with Mechanical Turk..Would like instructions on how  to apply.  I know this is an old subject.

2. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I am anxious to get answers for your question, carol7777.  I would like to know, too.

3. Vik Beluso profile image75
    Vik Belusoposted 5 years ago

There is a signup page on Amazon, I believe.  The Turk isn't worth the time unless you can do translation.

4. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Never heard of it!  Is this some kind of tofurkey that tastes like metal? ha hahahahaha  Or maybe a turkey decoy that scares other turkeys away.....hahahahahahahahahahah.  Just kidding......Happy Holidays to you!

5. UMHiram profile image75
    UMHiramposted 5 years ago

This Hub community member may have the answers you need because she is actively doing work on that site according to her latest Hub: http://mperrottet.hubpages.com/hub/Thou … t-HubPages

Hope this helps!

6. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 5 years ago

You can sign up as a worker at https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome.  It really does not ask for that much information and once you start earning money, you can transfer the money earned into an account with Amazon for shopping.  It does take a while for the money to show up in your account when you are new though. 

Once you sign up, there are many HITs to choose from.  I personally enter $1 in the money amount and check off "show hits for which you are qualified" before searching for HITs.  It really helps narrow down the search.  There are so many HITs that are only worth a few cents and not worth your time.  However, it can be a good idea to do some of the low paying HITs at first so your have a high approval rating and you can get used to using the system.

I have been using Mechanical Turk for about a month.  I don't find it to be terribly difficult to use, although it is confusing at first since your account balance takes a while to appear when you are new... about 2 weeks.  The money is not that great, but if you don't mind doing some surveys in your free time or writing small articles, it is not difficult to make a couple of dollars in an hour or so.  Good luck!

7. profile image0
    mayank786posted 5 years ago

recently there is a problem with the new sign ups in Amazon Mturk so they are not approve the new applications but you can try by click on sign up link on Amazon mturk page hope this works for you.

8. profile image0
    Kerry43posted 5 years ago

Good afternoon Carol7777,
    I spent several months at Mechanical Turk last year and found it was simply not worth my time. After the first week or so, I thought perhaps I was being hasty considering quitting so I looked for the widest variety of tasks I could find and gave it everything I had for around seven months, and the outcome was a whopping reward of less than $USD30 hmm. Perhaps things have changed for the better, and I thank you for the prompt to go back and check, but this has been my experience.

Have a great Sunday smile

9. flash167 profile image88
    flash167posted 5 years ago

I worked hard on it for a while.  If you have lot's of time and don't want to get much in return, it may be something you want to do.  For me it was a waste of time. 

You can make much better money doing other things on-line for the amount of time you spend.

I have found it much more profitable to do blogs or websites and attach affiliate ads.   Some of the ads are very profitable.

You will get hurt in Google if you go crazy with affiliate advertising.  Keep them focused and relevant and you should do well.