jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What is the biggest problem you face on Hubpages?

1. gags3480 profile image71
    gags3480posted 5 years ago

What is the biggest problem you face on Hubpages?

2. Li Galo profile image77
    Li Galoposted 5 years ago

My biggest problem is that I don't actually earn any money here!  I do everything they say to do, almost all my stuff is featured and monetized, over 1000 words, laid out nicely with capsules and pics to break it up, with 1-2 videos, socially shared and backlinked, SEO'd and keyworded, and nada... I still have very low traffic.  It's been a year and no mula more than $4 a month.  I have started shifting my energy and time elsewhere.  After almost 100 hubs, it's just sad!  I wasn't expecting a fortune but at least something for all my hard work.

gags3480posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Really sad to hear that. That's a problem with most of us.
      thanks for the comment.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Same here. I guess my choices in "niche topics" aren't big traffic draws, or I simply suck at SEO. Either way, I stopped worrying about making $$ on this site a long time ago. Now I just post stuff for fun whenever the mood strikes me.

3. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

Insufficient time. I've already reached payout in the past two months and I'm eager to improve my account's performance. However, I simply don't have enough time since I am currently preoccupied with work and home responsibilities.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Very low views. I have no clue about SEO or keyword or any of that and really could care less about learning it.  So my views are low and I think it will likely stay that way.

gags3480posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have the same problem. Even i don't have any such advanced knowledge.

5. Angela Blair profile image80
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

I can't say I face a problem on Hubpages -- but my thinking about it is obviously not the norm. I enjoy writing, love the community on Hubpages and put all the time I can into it -- but not for money (and yes, I need it just like everyone else these days). I have received payout and was grateful -- and will be when it happens again but I don't work/strive in that direction. I'm certainly not sophisticated when it comes to SEO, linking, etc., etc. and in fact don't pursue any of that (although I probably should). I consider my writing on Hubpages a personal pleasure for me -- and hopefully at least a few of my readers -- and the rest of it? If it makes money -- fine -- and if it doesn't I'll remain a very happy, old, writer.

6. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Finding links that are declared phishing when they have absconded with a perfectly good link. Just spent four days looking for one of those darn things and finally found it, and I swear I had already checked that link.

7. Queen of Cups profile image60
    Queen of Cupsposted 5 years ago

The biggest problem I face on Hubpages are the low views and the challenge of generating more traffic as I publish more entries.

working