jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Does anyone have a bad word to say about Create Space for print on demand books?

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

Does anyone have a bad word to say about Create Space for print on demand books?

Does anyone have a bad word to say about CreateSpace for print on demand?  So far, I'm fleeing Lulu ASAP.  CS is just more author-friendly, or so it seems.

2. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years ago

I have nothing but GOOD words to say about Createspace.  I self published all of my books with them and was very satisfied.

Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I like how they don't charge much for a proof, and the fact that they adjust your text and cover to fit (Lulu lets you pay full author price for obviously screwed up items) and the interior pages they show you are laid out like you are turning pages.

3. AMFredenburg profile image80
    AMFredenburgposted 4 years ago

I know nothing about the topic, but am glad to follow along as people offer their knowledge of Create Space.

4. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image69
    CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 4 years ago

I love createspace! They are fast, professional...just wonderful! I seriously would not publish with anyone else. Congrats on your book!

It is just so much more user-friendlly than AuthorHouse or Lulu, both of which have cost me a small fortune for unsatisfactory products.  I thought there had to be a catch.  Plus:  my book is available on Amazon without me losing most of my profit.

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

thank You for the Information. I will Look into CreateSpace

tim

6. carol7777 profile image92
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

I am thinking about doing an ebook and have looked into several alternatives.  I have heard that CreateSpace is excellent.  I also know people who used to use LULU...and they were happy.

Lulu's prices are high and the author only gets a small portion.  They are not as helpful correcting layout mistakes or letting you see how your book is actually going to look printed.  Their site is not nearly as easy to use.  They do print hardback

7. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

The only problem I have is that living in England we have to fill in a form, E something or other, not for tax but not sure what its for. Then send it to America. Trouble is I have no idea what the form is and after reading it 20 times its still as clear as mud! lol! I suppose this is another question in itself.

working