Seasonal or annual variations in Hub traffic

1. profile image96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Seasonal or annual variations in Hub traffic

As many of us seem to experience, overall traffic to our hub drops over the week with people frequently reporting lower traffic on Friday and the weeekend.

Can the same be said over the year? I would expect that traffic would drop over the busy Christmas period (that was certainly my experience last Christmas), but does traffic drop over the summer months?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image93
    Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have often noticed views start to drop on this site as well as other sites once the weather is warmer.  People tend to go out more and they don't bother staying in on the computer.  Thank goodness many people access the internet on their phones while traveling!  The drop would be much worse if it weren't for that.

The best way to prevent traffic from dropping too much is writing about subjects that people are interested in during the summer.  Summer vacation ideas, pool products, beach tips, and other warm weather related hubs are good ideas.

3. barbat79 profile image75
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

I also notice warmer and fair weather takes people away from computer reading...yet some holidays will bring them back.

working