jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How will being under Editor's Choice help a hub get more exposure?

1. yougotme profile image90
    yougotmeposted 4 years ago

How will being under Editor's Choice help a hub get more exposure?

Hubpages rolled out another feature to help stand out despite the search engine algorithm changes. Anyway, they have this "Editor's Choice" wherein a hub will be "adopted" by the domain of Hubpages itself.

I'm just curious, how should it help out the hub given that set up? Is it through higher search engine visibility? Thanks for your insights!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

It's a way for HP to put a spotlight on what they feel are the "best of the best" on their site, and I would imagine that they hope to bring more attention and therefore more page views to each individual Hubber's other material.

...but after looking at my Hubs, it would appear that absolutely none of them have been chosen to receive this honor. So hey, thanks a lot, HP. (*kicks rock*)

1. yougotme profile image90
      yougotmeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the response FatFreddysCat! I checked the FAQs and it's mentioned there that they are continuously in the process of looking for the Editor's Choice. So, let's not lose hope!

3. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

Since HP has a higher page rank than any of the individual subdomains,their feeling is that we will have a higher ranking in the search engines. There is a lot of disagreement about this on the forums.
    I have consistent traffic, and it may go up a few hundred (or down) but it really does not change that much. Since HP selected a lot of my hubs for this "editors choice" I thought I would give it a few months and see if my traffic changes. If it goes up,fine. If it goes down a lot, there is a mechanism to opt out. (You can read about how to do this on the HP blog.)