jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

New Feature Suggestion: Add multiple capsules at once

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image79
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

This may have been suggested, but I couldn't find it by doing a search.

It would be nice and a little more efficient to be able to add multiple capsules of a certain type at once.

For example, if I already have an idea for a hub layout, I know that I want five text capsules, three photo capsules and two amazon capsules, I could type a number in and add these all at once.  Then I can move them around once they are there.

This function is the main thing I miss from Squidoo (although, I much prefer HubPages).

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Once you have one set up that way, every hub after that can use that once as the template.  You have that option now.  I have a pretty routine format and I always chose that hub that has that format as the template.

Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have not used the templates enough, I suppose as I am still learning and trying out new things.  Perhaps the ability to save more than one specific template, then, instead of trying to remember which hub to pick?

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

8 months ago wink

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/12954

- The templates work on "unpublished" also , so you could create a few varieties of layout for yourself personally

Ive always been really happy with hubpages for making this feature happen

Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey, thanks a million, sunforged! smile

I didn't know that it worked on unpublished.  That solves the problem altogether!

3. KCC Big Country profile image85

Maybe I should clarify.  When you're setting up your hub it gives you the option between several template layouts.  The last one is a template option that allows you to choose the same layout as any of your previously published hubs.

1. fishtiger58 profile image81
      fishtiger58posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that info. I haven't used that layout yet but was wondering about it.

4. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

thanks, I wondered what that last one meant when choosing your layout!

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

I always use the first template and then before I start doing anything I add in the capsules of text that I will need, the photo capsules, etc. then I rearrange them and reorder using the sidebar.

6. KCC Big Country profile image85

I hadn't noticed if it worked on unpublished or not so I'm glad sunforged was able to clarify that.

working