jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Slow weekend, is it just me?

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Slow weekend, is it just me?

Is it just me, or has traffic been extremely slow this weekend?

2. Mark Lees profile image83
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

It has been slow, but from what I have been told it is always slow during holiday periods and it is international workers day tomorrow (here in the UK, I know many countries still celebrate it on the 1st).

Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We don't even have that holiday in the United States! That is sad -_-

2. Mark Lees profile image83
      Mark Leesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You have the equivalent in September, the international date in May clashed with "Americanization Day", now called loyalty day. Labor Day is your equivalent. Ironic as the date in May was chosen due to the Haymarket affair in Chicago.

3. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Kathleen.....Oh, How I would love to be able to answer your question with the perfect (or at least accurate) response.  But alas, young and astute one, my entire life has slowed down.....and please believe me, it is intentional!   I beg of you, don't encourage me to remember when I purposefully kept the pedal to the metal......counted down minutes, raced around like a woman on a constant wild mission....and....well, you know.....
    I have finally "arrived," breathlessly but peacefully approaching the finish line......was that the goal?
    Now, I barely notice the traffic, except to now and then, wave at those who speed past me.  Often I wave with just one finger.  Imagine that.
    Finally......yes, at last......it all makes sense to me.  "Stop, and smell the roses"......My epiphany?  There are vast fields of roses, with such little time to bask in their beauty.   I've learned to treasure them, one blossom at a time.......Traffic?  Well, that's just the noise and activity of those speedily on their journey.....only to meet me where I am.
    Stay steady and keep smiling....you're in the race and that's all that matters.   Peace, Paula

Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years agoin reply to this

rub it in why dont ya paula! just joshin, but i do forget what roses smell like! at least i keep smiling, i guess i got that! smile

2. fpherj48 profile image78
      fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

By what I can see....you're doing all the right things, K......at the right time for the right reasons.  No wonder you're smiling!  smile

4. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

Well, it's almost summertime. I'm wondering if that's the reason, too, for the drop in traffic, as it always seems to slow down for months. Last summer was awful traffic-wise. Sign . . . .

working