jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does HubPages work anyway?

1. Mandy Webster profile image58
    Mandy Websterposted 3 years ago

How does HubPages work anyway?

I just signed up for HubPages and am trying to figure out how it works. What's the best way to make money here? Can someone please explain it to me in a few short sentences without me having to wade through pages and pages of vague FAQ's?

2. mgeorge1050 profile image79
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

Explore some of the other writers content to see what others are publishing.  Write your own hubs, which should consist of quality content like interesting and informative text and pictures.  Once you have several quality hubs, you can sign up for the advertising programs.  Once approved for the advertising programs, ads will be placed in your articles and you will share the profits with Hubpages.  Keep in mind you will need to generate a LOT of traffic to your articles to make any real money.

3. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image87
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 3 years ago

I try to follow the points set out here. http://longtimemother.hubpages.com/hub/ … d-approval

4. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I have 65 hubs and I get a few hundred dollars each month. The key is learning about basic SEO (search engine optimisation) and SMO (social media optimisation) to bring your content traffic without work.

I have a few hubs on this topic you may want to read.

working