jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your approach to writing for HubPages?

1. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 3 years ago

What is your approach to writing for HubPages?

Do you write a lot of hubs and then leave them or edit at times to try and increase their score and reach.
    Do you write for one area that you have a lot of knowledge in or cover a range of subjects are in can increase the reach of your writing by appealing to different groups of people?

Just curious really as to other people's views as I am working on editing some hubs today in the hope of improving them, which got me wondering.

2. profile image0
    Grey Templesposted 3 years ago

I write on what I am passionate about and this could be on any subject.  I mainly write about dogs, foster children and homelessness.  I usually do not edit unless I see that the interest is really dropping then I will spruce up a hub and bring it back to life.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

If something strikes me as an idea worth further exploration, I'll usually whip up a hub about it. I don't have any strategy in terms of content or making money. I feel that it just ends up being too stressful and sucks the joy out of writing. If only I could adopt that same mentality for writing fiction, I would be set.

4. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 3 years ago

I write early mornings, I'm more creative when I first wake up even after an afternoon sleep. I write about things that I have skill in, things I've experienced, or things that are of personal interest. Also while writing I'm listening to low volume instrumental music or Gospel music such as John Tesh or Yolanda Adams.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I write one hub a week and I write about topics that I know something about or in which I have a deep interest. Once it's published, I leave it as it is unless I feel there's important information I need to add. I do cover several categories, but I do so because I enjoy writing about those things and not just in an attempt to draw in more readers.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i write my articles and save them as drafts. Then i update them when i have time. Tons of ideas but don't know what to write the contents

7. MiloNowherepoems profile image60
    MiloNowherepoemsposted 3 years ago

I stick to what I know and love. Once I'm finished the initial writing, I'll go over it until I'm comfortable with what I see. Also, when I'm going over it, I'm proofreading. Take care.

8. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

To answer your specific questions, yes, I write a hub (one at a time) leave it, edit, come back again, check, and edit some more to make it better and increase the score before I hit publish. I mainly write about what I know and what I know how to do which covers about 4 main areas which does help appeal to different groups of people.

9. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 3 years ago

Thank you all for your answers. I write about subjects that I have an interest and knowledge/experience in and do come back to them to edit at a later date if they have a low score or are falling down to see if I can improve them in any way. One interesting aspect of this is that I have been able to see how much my writing has progressed over my time at hubpages, which is encouraging and also see where I make mistakes with spelling and grammar to look out for in future.