jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can HubPages really manage adult content?

1. Miss Info profile image83
    Miss Infoposted 3 years ago

Can HubPages really manage adult content?

I recently saw a hub posted describing ways to supposedly master sexual performance - details included. For a moment I thought of all the teenage hubbers that will have access to that hub. Oh my!

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

It is up to all hubbers to make sure and report these violations to Hubpages. Those things do not belong here.

3. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

If you find a hub that you believe violates the TOS, report it. With all the activity on this site, it's possible that a hub with content that's not allowed might have slipped through.

1. Miss Info profile image83
      Miss Infoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would agree lisavollrath, but if you reviewed the hub, the details - although quite adult in nature - were very instructional, as opposed to the goal of enticing readers. What would be the difference?

4. Miss Info profile image83
    Miss Infoposted 3 years ago

I agree JThomp42. However, I believe that some hubbers might argue that HubPages will then be infringing on their rights to post "important" or "necessary" information. How does HubPages determine what is or isn't important or necessary? Especially if other adults agree on the necessity of the adult content?

working