jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How come every time rate the hubbers my hub score drops?

1. Karen Ranoni profile image46
    Karen Ranoniposted 3 years ago

How come every time rate the hubbers my hub score drops?

Does anyone else feel like Hubpages is becoming a waste of time?

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Karen...I'm sorry that I don't quite understand what you are asking about "rating the hubbers & your score dropping."   Our scores rise and fall for a multitude of reasons.  Some we are familiar with and some we are not all quite sure about.
    As for feeling like Hp is a waste of time, I personally do not think this.  It's a personal thing I'm sure, depending on why one is here and what they are expecting.  I wouldn't doubt that there are dozens of reasons amongst the thousands of hubbers.
    Having said this, I would suggest you have a heart to heart with yourself and ask yourself what you would like to accomplish by writing here and being a member of the HP Community.
    Offering my own thoughts for whatever benefit this may be to you, I sincerely appreciate having this wonderful site as a platform to my desire to indulge in my love of writing.  In addition, it is an ideal place to spread our wings, increase our knowledge on any number of topics, meet fascinating people from all over the globe and the money we can earn is certainly a nice bonus.  I have formed friendships I will treasure forever.  I have gained knowledge I may not have had the opportunity to be exposed to in other ways. 
    HP is my 2nd home, a place to share the gems of my muse and in general an outlet I thoroughly enjoy.
    Finally, I wish you luck in determining your course of action and hope you will decide to give yourself a bit more time here before giving up...  Peace, Paula

1. Karen Ranoni profile image46
      Karen Ranoniposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi! Thank you for responding, you always have the best answers and remarks. What I mean when I say hubber is where in your account at the top it asks you if you want to help by rating hubs written by other people..that's what I'm talking about that.

2. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

OH, you mean "Help Us out, Hop some hubs."  Your score should not lower when you do that.  Quite the contrary. it has to be a quirk that you notice a score decrease after you hub hop. I can't imagine that occurring.

3. Karen Ranoni profile image46
    Karen Ranoniposted 3 years ago

The question was typed quickly, sorry it isn't clear. I meant to say "How come everytime I rate the hubbers my hub score drops".

1. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I do understand now.  If you feel this is actually happening, I would definitely direct this concern with the Team.  It makes no sense to me that you would be penalized for HELPING out!!

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i had been answering questions for 3 months now. My hub score was 89, went to 96, dropped to 90 until today. No need to be concern about it. Just answer questions and your earning goes up.

working