jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can a hub be too long, making it boring?

1. paulburchett profile image67
    paulburchettposted 3 years ago

Can a hub be too long, making it boring?

With all the different articles on subjects available on the Internet, is it better to write short and sweet or long and boring?

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

I don't think the length of a hub would make it boring.  I think the content would.  You have to keep things rolling.

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

The content does have to keep the readers attention but there are some Hubs that are too long.
    I would pick different aspects of the subject and break it up into more Hubs.

4. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 3 years ago

Obviously, long and boring will lose readers, but boring is relative to the reader's interest in the topic no matter the quality of the hub.  Long does not have to equate boring.  Some short posts are plenty boring.

5. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 3 years ago

I think the lemgth of the hub depends on subject.

6. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i rather read short hubs with continuous chapter to read. Then, it won't be a long winded old grandma stories

7. LindaSarhan profile image92
    LindaSarhanposted 3 years ago

I think it depends on the topic, the way the piece is written, and whether you can break it up into smaller topics. Here are some things to consider:

-Sometimes short and to the point is better.
    -For topics that require in-depth explanations and coverage, consider using section breaks and subtitles. This allows the reader to quickly scan for the information they are looking for. For example, if the reader is only looking for the general temperament of a dog breed to know whether the breed is good for small children, they can scan to the section on temperament.
    -Again, can the topic be broken down into separate topics. For example: Write an article on "Signs and Symptoms of Celiac Disease", then one on "How to Diagnose Celiac Disease", then another on "Treatment Options for Celiac Disease".

Keep in mind that many readers on the internet are looking for information quickly and not a book on the topic. But breaking down the topic, whether in different highlighted sections or different articles altogether, allows the reader to scan for the information they need quicker instead of feeling like they are reading a droll page out of a textbook.

working