jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is HP's policy on swear words that is part of a news story?

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 19 months ago

What is HP's policy on swear words that is part of a news story?

"Oculus founder Palmer Luckey posted a statement on his Facebook page late Friday night admitting to donating $10,000 to pro-Trump “shitposting” organization Nimble America,"

Do I have to post S**tposting? instead which seems stupid since it's part of news story from the Daily Beast

2. Titen-Sxull profile image87
    Titen-Sxullposted 19 months ago

I'm not sure what the official stance is on swear words but providing that the language you're using is part of the story and isn't particularly offensive or inflammatory I don't think you'll have a problem. I swear quite often in my hubs without censoring myself and haven't had any issues.

There is certain content that hubpages often disables ads for (graphic or extremely controversial subjects) but that's only a problem if you're talking about something like, say, circumcision, female genital mutilation, rape, terrorism and other very delicate subjects. You can still talk about such things but you won't get any ad revenue.

Long story short you shouldn't have any issue saying the word shitposting.

1. ptosis profile image73
      ptosisposted 19 months agoin reply to this

thanks,

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 19 months ago

I rarely swear in my hubs but when I do, just to be on the safe side I always replace one or two letters with an asterisk.

working