jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to obtain followers?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 7 months ago

What is the best way to obtain followers?

In your experience, what is the ideal method to obtain followers? Do they simply come after being attracted to your writing, or do you have an experience like mine, where participating in the community has a greater chance of gaining them?

Also, what entices you to follow a Hubber? Thanks for your input!

2. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 7 months ago

I don't have that many followers yet but I often notice people follow me when I write in the forums or help someone out with a problem.

Jeremy Gillposted 7 months agoin reply to this

That's been my experience so far as well, that it mostly comes from the community. However, I've talked with others who say they simply get them from Google readers. It's definitely something I'll keep exploring. Thank you!

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 7 months ago

Think bigger than the hubpages platform. You want people to find you through google search, a viral facebook post, or by having an amazing pinterest image.

Jeremy Gillposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I go back and forth about advertising my articles on Facebook. Even if they're quality work, some people may interpret posting on FB as spammy. Any thoughts there? Thankfully, Google helps bring people here. I appreciate your ideas!

working