jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: How Recruiters And HRs Look At Your Resume In..

1. AmanGoinPlaces profile image46
    AmanGoinPlacesposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article How Recruiters And HRs Look At Your Resume In A Glance? And Using It To Advantage! (must be signed in to view).

It would be great to have your views and thoughts!

1. lovetherain profile image81
      lovetherainposted 2 months agoin reply to this

It looks like a really good article, just a few wording and grammar issues to be dealt with.

"Used quite extensively by photographers and designers, it applies to everything that is bound in a frame just like your very own, Resume"

Lose the comma, and no capital on the word resume.

AmanGoinPlacesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Aah! Thanks for pointing out. Are there any more such mistakes?

2. daydreams profile image98
    daydreamsposted 2 months ago

My guess is that the reason it isn't featured is because of the links to other websites, and it would probably get featured if you remove those.

To improve the article might be useful to add some images that illustrate your points. It could also do with a proofread, sometimes the phrasing is awkward.

Thanks, will certainly look into it.
      Also, from what I know, 2 links are permitted, aren't they?

1. daydreams profile image98
        daydreamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I think in the context you use them they might be seen as promotional. They don't really add to your article.
        Could be wrong.

Right, that may be the case. I'll try to add value with some other links, if there are any, else just remove them. Thanks!

3. aesta1 profile image90
    aesta1posted 2 months ago

I am not really an expert but I just like to give a bit of what I have learned here. You have good ideas but they need to be stated understandably.

The title is a bit awkward. The paragraphs need to be tightened so a thorough proofreading will eliminate unnecessary sentences.

Can you please suggest a good title. I tried but that was the best I could come up with for now.
      I will try my best to rephrase the content. Thank you.

4. aesta1 profile image90
    aesta1posted 2 months ago

I am sure when you tighten your paragraphs you will know exactly what you're trying to say. I would suggest, How Recruiters and HRs Look at your Resume" but I think it is better to have a different angle.

I tried and resubmitted. As of the title, "How Resumes Are Viewed In A Glance? And Using It To Advantage!" is the current submitted one. The part about 'using it to advantage' is where I personally think the difference is made. Also because there are tips for improvements based on the knowledge.
      I will replace the first part as you suggested since it seems more targeted and clear about the content. Thank you very much for your time!
      Looking forward to more help since I'll be needing it a lot.

working