Adsense warning

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

Just received this from Google

Dear Publisher,

This Google Publisher Policy Report gives you an overview of recent activity related to violations found on specific pages of your websites. As enforcement statuses may change over time, please refer to the "Page-level enforcements" section of the AdSense Policy Center for the current list of active violations.

Please note this report doesn’t cover violations that may happen on an overall site or account level. You may be notified by a separate email if site or account level violations are found. Ads will continue to serve where no policy violations have been found, either at the page- or site-level.

In the last 24 hours:

New violations were detected. As a result, ad serving has been restricted or disabled on pages where these violations of the AdSense Program Policies were found. To resolve the issues, you can either remove the violating content and request a review, or remove the ad code from the violating pages.

Further details on enforcements can be found in the AdSense Help Center. To learn more about our program policies, please view the AdSense Program Policies.

Kind regards,
    Google Publisher Policy

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

If this refers to sites you have outside of HP, then you had best try to find the problems and fix them.  It clearly states that this notice is not for individuals who write on group sites such as HP.

Rupert Taylorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have no web pages outside of HP.

2. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you have adsense on pages outside of HP? If this is an HP issue, staff need to take it seriously for all our sakes.

3. Bedbugabscond profile image94
      Bedbugabscondposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't even notice the policy center until you just said something. Thank you for sharing this. I am clean, nothing there, but I am glad to know it is there. Years ago I had a hub about pest control dinged because it was marked for gun sales for some reason. Took me almost a year to get it fixed, as it had nothing to do with guns.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Scary. This is why I fall all over myself trying to obey the rules, but hidden tripwires remain. I tripped over one a few years ago. Turned out that an OTC supplement in the US I wrote about is considered an illegal drug in a particular European country. AdSense became highly perturbed, as if somehow I was supposed to have known that. All we can do is the best we can.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Time to go to your ad center and see which pages are the problem.  It may be wise to disable ads on those pages while you fix the problem.

4. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 5 years ago

I got the same email last month. Click on account -> policy centre in Adsense and it'll list the violations. In my case it was a photo of a skin rash that upset them. Magically after about a week the violation disappeared when I complained about it on their support forum and posted the "shocking photos" that they were moaning about.

Rupert Taylorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow Eugene. How do you know this stuff?  I followed your instructions and it took me to an article I wrote about the Siege of Sydney Street. I cannot figure out what has got Google's shorts in a knot about it. It deals with murders committed by a bunch of anarchists in London's East End in the early 20th century. There is no gory or salacious content and it was a seminal event in British history. Google describes the article as "shocking content." I haven't the faintest clue how that adjudication can be arrived at.

1. eugbug profile image95
        eugbugposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Try posting on their support forum and maybe someone can shed light on the issue:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

The content policies are here under "View Full Content Policies":

https://support.google.com/adsense/answ … w-et-asfe_

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

One time when I was a wee lad, they disabled everything to do with me. I had had a blog titled "Kinky Sex Makes The World Go Round.' There was no kinky sex at all, the name was a reference to a song by The Dead Kennedys. I posted about it in these forums, and literally, everyone was disappointed by the contents of the blog.

6. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I am wondering how many "violation" notices are being issued to accounts no one ever bothers to look at anymore. And what that adds up to for HP as a whole.

Sites can get banned.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)