jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

The Holidays

1. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Just wanted to remind the newbies that the clock has already begun to tick on the holidays. I have a few Christmas-only hubs that hadn't seen a click since last December--until last week. They've each brought in a little bit of change every day for the past week. And I'm not talking about stuff people might buy all year round--these hubs are for stuff people would ONLY buy at the holidays.

If you plan on having hubs up for the holidays, you want to give them time to rank and age before the shopping madness starts. I plan on having all of mine up and ready by the end of August. The end of September is probably fine, but I'm not taking any chances after seeing what Santa left in my AdSense/Amazon accounts last year! smile

1. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good Idea... I better start making some... lol

2. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Some of my Christmas and Thanksgiving hubs have already started to get clicks again, too!

3. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I guess I need to write a hub, too. Something like this? wink
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2311680_f520.jpg

1. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

LMAO now Misha, Leave me out of it... haha

2. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL It's a good thing we love you, Misha! smile

3. brettb profile image70
      brettbposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If my hubs are anything to go by then this kind of stuff sells!

4. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Good advice!

All of my Halloween hubs have been getting hits for a few weeks and I am beginnng to see a few hits on my Christmas stuff.

5. girly_girl09 profile image68
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

thanks for the reminder! I wrote a few hubs last year that accidentally did well around the holidays because of the type of product. I didn't write them for Christmas, they just worked well. lol I'm going to write some "on purpose" for the holidays this year and hope to have a much more profitable holiday season! Now is definitely a good time to start.

1. mailxpress profile image73
      mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are so clever.  I too should start to write about holidays.  Recipes, crafts and whatever else comes to mind.  I'm sure it brings in a lot of traffic.

6. jaymelee23 profile image62
    jaymelee23posted 7 years ago

Yeah, I agree... thank you for the reminder. smile

7. Hovalis profile image87
    Hovalisposted 7 years ago

Yeah I started on Halloween hubs about a month ago. I have written a few, but not as many as I want to. Christmas is next cab out of the rank!

8. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 7 years ago

I hope Christmas is a good time of year for selling plushies!

working