jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Magazine Publishing

1. Resolver2009 profile image70
    Resolver2009posted 7 years ago

Hi my dear fellow hubbers!

We are currently well underway with a surfing magazine; entitled Superstoked Surfing Magazine, which we would like to publish in 500-1000 hardcopies as well as the eBook variant. As there are many authors writing regularly in this forum I was simply wondering if anyone had any tips as to where we could have it published? Anyone had any experience using i.e. LULU for publishing?

All answers wildly appreciated. Thanks!

All the best to you and yours,
    Alexander Van Dorph
    //Superstoked Surfing Magazine

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

MacCloud is the answer for print editions. The Hewlett-Packard owned print-on-demand magazine publisher ships across the US and in Britain, adding new destinations. They charge a flat rate per page, color interior or not.

Lulu is suited for e-books and books, not print magazines. You could make a book in lieu of a magazine, but there are minimum page requirements, and the formatting may not be so attractive for a magazine layout. Color interior printing is very expensive.

Resolver2009posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Website Examiner. Thing is.. I am UK based, and MacCloud does not ship to Europe do they, as they are US based? Do you have a webpage address? Could only find some minor information on google.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. As I hinted, they do indeed ship in the UK, where I imagine they have a local outlet. So you can order in bulk, then ship out yourself from there. They have also recently added worldwide single copy shipping.

Here is the web address. UK is ordered via US website but printed locally, I think:

http://www.magcloud.com/

Resolver2009posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Website Examiner, really appreciate you helping me out here. Fantastic! smile Have a great day!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

You are very welcome. Sounds exciting, I hope that works out for you.

working