jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Google, Yahoo, is ok. why not Msn, Aol, other search engines?

1. sarovai profile image76
    sarovaiposted 7 years ago

My hubs gets more traffic from Google ,Yahoo and google from respective countries. I didnot see any traffic ,atleast one from Msn or Aol or other search engines. Why it is so?

Or to get traffic from other search engines what tips I can get from my fellow hubbers?

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think hubpages is not registered in them or unable to follow the rules of MSN,AOL and other search engines

1. WryLilt profile image93
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Rules? What are you talking about Ankigarg87?

1. skyfire profile image75
          skyfireposted 7 years agoin reply to this

AOL is using google search on its home page.

You don't have to register at any one of them to get listed, not even webmaster tools registration is needed.

2. WryLilt profile image93
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Chances are you don't get much traffic from them because they're almost nonentities. I could be wrong but I believe google, yahoo and bing are the most used search engines and the rest pale in comparison.

3. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Yahoo & bing are going to collaborate on search data so expect some traffic from bing soon.

4. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 7 years ago

I too have same problem. Mostly getting traffic from google and not from some other search engines.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Um, almost no one uses those search engines, that would be the main reason they don't produce much traffic.

6. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Most people use Google to search.  For that reason you will see very little in the way of searches from other search engines.

7. I am DB Cooper profile image56
    I am DB Cooperposted 7 years ago

Probably the same reason I'm not getting much traffic from Dogpile or Excite. They're obsolete. Google, Yahoo, and Bing have like 98% of the American market.

working