Google Analytics tells me My Visitors Bounce Highly.

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)
  1. YU_First 1 profile image61
    YU_First 1posted 13 years ago

I have a bounce rate of 72.94% as per Google Analytics reports. What can I do to correct this?

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If Google Analytics reports is showing 72.94% of bounce rate then their will be bounce.If their is error in bounce rate it will correct after some time

YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is just growing it was initially 68% and now it is 72% that is why I am now getting worried.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe mine is about 90%

Fine with me as long as I'm getting clicks.

Only 2-5% of people click adverts, according to statistics, anyway.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Link to other hubs on similar topics - the longer you can keep them on hubpages, the more chance they'll click or buy something.

RSS feeds is another good one.

Thank you! I am yet to learn how to optimize the RSS feeds!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I suggest posting links to some of your hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum, where other hubbers can give you feedback on how to improve them.

Wow, I did not know about extreme makeover. I am headed there right now thanks!

4. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

You need to understand the surfing behavior of your readers. People on the internet skim pages. So if you think writing lengthy paragraphs will decrease your bounce rate then that is wrong assumption. They'll skim for the point out of that and will leave when they get what they want.

I have one blog on software documentation and i have bounce rate of 88% on that. But it is earning me fine and i don't think there is anyway to keep them longer anyway. They arrive at those pages(using google search for errors/bugs of that software) so they leave after getting what they want. What you're going to do to make them stop for longer time?

Link between pages? Yes. Will work to some extent.
    RSS feed ? Yes. Will work to some extent.

You need to understand your content if you want to improve your bounce rate.

...and I always thought breaks and links would drive traffic away, ha!

2. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly right.  If your page answers what they were looking for, they are usually going to leave, especially if the page solves some problem they were having.

Of course if it doesn't answer the search, they will be leaving too.

Where you do NOT like to see a high bounce and exit rate is a page that is Part 1 of a multi-part series.  You expect some will find the page for the wrong reason, but if it is generally well-targeted, you hope to see them going on to the other parts!

5. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I would investigate the Hubs that have lower bounce rates compared to the higher ones which altogether may provide clues to what your audience is enjoying. smile

6. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I actually expect and prefer a high bounce rate on my hubs. A "bounce" is just someone that visits one page on the site and leaves. IMHO, a person that gets onto HP and looks at several different pages is a "surfer" and not targeted traffic. Phooey on them. I have much better conversions with targeted traffic than casual traffic.

And remember, if someone comes to one of your hubs and then clicks on an ad, thereby leaving the site, that is a "bounce" too.

Edited to add: I just checked Analytics. My bounce rate is just under 91%. My CTR for AdSense is higher than average, as is my conversion rate for Amazon. I'm totally happy with that.

7. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

I've tried to do something about my bounce rate, but its still high, around the low 70's. But as it doesnt seem to affect my earnings, then i'm fine.
    Plus i dont think reducing the bounce rate translates to higher earnings. I may be wrong, but i don't worry about it anymore.

8. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I don't think 70% bounce rate is a big problem to you. You need to worry only about earnings. Don't worry as long as you get good CTR.

9. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Bounces are generally rather high in Hubpages, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

10. profile image54
    MyPostingIDposted 13 years ago

Bounce rates can be important or unimportant, depending on your intentions.  Your job as a marketer is to get click-throughs to a merchant's website via affiliate links.  Your job as a writer is to entertain your readers.

If you are a marketer, you'd want a high bounce rate, provided your readers are bouncing via affiliate links.  However, if you are a writer, you'd prefer your readers to stay and read your work.

11. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

There is enough to worry about in the world... bounce rate are the least of our problems!  lol... No, dont worry about your bounce rate.... just the money honey!

12. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

I just check my bounce rate and it is at 0%.I began getting page impressions on September 11, 2010 after I signed up for hubpages on June 3, 2010. I am not worry about my bounce rate. I am on my way to making money honey,shazwellyn. Smile. Thank you. Go in peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)