jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Google Analytics Bounce Rate

1. HELLA profile image59
    HELLAposted 7 years ago

Are bounce rates typically high on Hubpages considering you cannot actually go deeper into multiple pages...or can you?

Currently my bounce rate is extremely high, at around 80% and I am only currently writing for Hubpages. What's your take on this for solely Hubpages? Does a high bounce rate mean I should make my other interlinks more accessible?

2. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

You might want to check out this recent thread about bounce rates.

My bounce rate is close to 90%, and I'm fine with that. If someone is surfing through HubPages, it's just not the kind of targeted traffic that I want. Besides, if someone clicks on an ad, they become a bounce. Like Martha Stewart says, "That's a good thing." smile

1. HELLA profile image59
      HELLAposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Irohner....that's what I figured!

3. Pcunix profile image93
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

Here's an oddity..

I just happened to be looking at Analytics for my main site and noticed a page with 100% bounce rate.

I thought it was odd because it happens to be a page that should only be reached from another page - it's actually part of my on-line "Tests" and it is an answer page, so unless it happened to get indexed for something, you wouldn't expect it to be accessed except from another page.

So, looking closer, I found that in a week it had a 133 page views and that 99.24% of the time it came from its matching question page.

Huh?  So if 99.24% of 133 visitors came from another page, how can it have 100% bounce?

And there are more pages that show the same odd figures!

Wait, it gets stranger.

Playing with dates, I found that for most days in that week, it had a few views and 0% bounce rate.

But on ONE day, 5 views show 100% bounce yet 80% came from its matching question page.

I'm starting to think maybe you can't trust Analytics Bounce rate at all!

1. Pcunix profile image93
      Pcunixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think I might have found the problem.

These pages still had the very old pageTrack Analytics code.  I have fixed that; we'll see what happens.

working