jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What on earth is KissMetrics?

1. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/calala_red/kissmetrics.jpg

This keeps appearing on my hubs - it's not an advert per se, you can actually click like on it without there being any advertising redirections.

However I'm a bit confused as to WHY it's there at all.... did I miss another facebook plugin update?

1. skyfire profile image70
      skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is web app similar to analytics but it is paid service. It shows the areas where your visitors click,exit,halt and other SEO factors. It is similar to crazyegg and both these apps are from SEO Professional neil patel. I'm not sure why it is showing on our hubs.

WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had a look at the page, so I have a vague idea of what it is.

But, like you, I'm wondering why it's on our hubs.

I'm assuming it's on HPs share of views but still.... I hope that won't come onto ours at any stage.

2. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

it's just another relentless pursuit of extracting more information about us all so that the corporates get to know whether we're any use to them or not.

DNA and blood group metrics are currently being developed as are moodmetrics eatmetrics and 'where are you going we didn't say you could leave your pcmetrics'

I particularly lke the remote wandering eyemetrics where a virtual wireless eye that belongs to big business (and shared by governments)watches your every move and never sleeps.

It's all good

WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry, I thought it was 2010, not 1984 tongue

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
        Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1984 was just the beginning (actually the reason the book was entitled 1984 was that Orwell wrote it in 1948 and just switched the last two numbers round) WryLitt and sadly it's not fiction.

Whilst my cynical approach to all thing technology appears a bit paranoid there is an eement of truth in how information on us is gathered and who has access to this.

Keep smiling, the smileometrics is watching you!

working