jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Captions under pictures have disappeared

1. profile image52
    CheckoutCzechposted 7 years ago

Hey, I just noticed that ALL the captions under my pictures are not being displayed.  When I am signed in they are displayed but when I am just looking at the hub without being signed in they are not there, just the picture.  Any ideas?

1. Susana S profile image98
      Susana Sposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've just been editing a hub and have been having the same problem. Also when I choose which size I want my picture it changes! Preview mode is not working properly either. Very glitchy today!

1. PegCole17 profile image97
        PegCole17posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I missed the update or whatever. Under the first picture it used to say "See all 14 photos?" Now it doesn't.

Is this new?

1. Susana S profile image98
          Susana Sposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The way the photo capsule works has been updated recently (transformed almost). I'm still trying to get used to it!

Here's the original anouncement: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54771

1. PegCole17 profile image97
            PegCole17posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Susana, for the helpful link!
            Peg

2. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the report. I recently changed the way that captions work, and it looks like I broke them for signed out users. Sorry! I will fix it as soon as possible.

1. Fawntia profile image

This problem will be fixed the next time we update HubPages. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

1. profile image52
          CheckoutCzechposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Fawntia!  Do you have any ideas about when that update might happen?  Thanks again smile

1. Fawntia profile image

I expect the problem to be fixed within an hour.

2. WryLilt profile image82
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

I can't see any captions on the pictures.

Have you tried re editing them in the photo capsule?

On a side note, have you considered breaking your one hub up into smaller, more manageable hubs?

That one is VERY long, takes a while to load and would doubtless put off any search engine visitor.

1. profile image52
      CheckoutCzechposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WryLilt.  I'm new to this hub thing, what do you mean breaking it into smaller hubs?

1. WryLilt profile image82
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You only have one hub, with what appears to be 'chapters' and a comments box on each.

A good size for one hub based on what you've got (in my opinion) might be 10 photos, one chapter and one comment box.

You can have as many hubs as you wish and you could put links at the bottom of each so people could easily navigate to the next.

Simply click 'start a new hub' at the top of the page to make another.

working