UK revenue

  1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

    I have one Hub that has suddenly got popular in the UK - getting 400+ hits a day - what are the implications if I apply for the UK Amazon affiliate program - and add a couple of links? Do I have to file a VAT return, or can I be exempt? Do I have to file taxes in the UK or are the earnings still US based, so count towards US income tax? (Note - I am British and have a NI number, but also am a permanent resident!)

    I guess I'll still get Adsense income and eBay income though....

    1. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

      You will not have to pay VAT if you are based outside the UK.

      Also you are VAT exempt until you hit £60,000+ a year anyway!

    2. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

      Do you mean you are a permanent resident in the UK or US?
      Whatever, you pay the taxes due in the country you are domiciled in.
      Taxation is complex but I think that by the time you are earning beyond a simple tax return you will be using an accountant who will advise you on those complexities. Until then my advice would be to get every penny you can from your hub without worry.