jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

The Best Hub Layout

1. Freeway Flyer profile image84
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

I'm starting to see an uptick in traffic, but not in revenue. Has anyone who has been at this for a while figured out if a certain page layout is particularly effective for getting people to either click on ads or buy stuff from Amazon? Or does it ultimately come down to content, not to the location of ads and links? Thanks.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only thing I can say is make sure you always have an advert top right (I always stick with Adsense although other people say Amazon can be good too.)

However this post by resident sales guru, Nelle Hoxie may help:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/50840

Basically what works for one hub, product, topic or visitor may not work for another!

1. saleheensblog profile image59
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will also check it out. But I don't think I will ever be able to write an amazon hub. I am trying for 5 months and I haven't yet been able even to write a title. I know sal;es hubs are not hard to write but to me those are nightmares. mad

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'll find that post applies to all types of hubs, really.

And as for sales hubs - I avoided them for the first 100. It wasn't till I did a thirty day challenge of them that I forced myself to get into them. Now I write 2-3 a week and they get easier and easier. smile

2. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

content is king but location of ads is also important.

For google ads:
      ~ insert 100-150 words in the first text capsule so that the biggest block of ads is placed just beside your text and on top of the hub.
      ~ control the placement of the second linear block of ads of Google by splinting your text into several text capsules and controlling the length of first 2 capsules.

For amazon:
      I am no expert in it but as a reader I can say
      ~the more option to buy you include in your hub the better
      ~ some full size image of amazon product makes a hub more appealing.

1. Peter-Jan Celis profile image59
        Peter-Jan Celisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is good advice. +1

Edit: Except for maybe the "more choice = better". Depends on how targeted your traffic is. If people search for widget X, focus on getting them to Amazon. Don't dilute their attention. If they search for "best product in widget category", than by all means use top 10 lists and offer many choices.

working