jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

I would appreciate some feedback...

1. JillKostow profile image88
    JillKostowposted 6 years ago

Hi, This is one of my hubs that gets the most traffic.  Are there any suggestions on how to make it a little better.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Shark-Navigator-Review

2. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Hey Jill

#1 - add more content, at least 10%.
    #2 - Tags - add more. shark vacuum, shark navigator vacuum, shark navigator vacuum cleaner, shark navigator v dyson, shark vacuum review, shark vac, shark navigator upright vacuum, shark navigator vacuum reviews, shark navigator best price,
    3# - Make better use of the headers.
    #4 - Always make use of the summary tool - don't leave it up to google to pull a summary from the first few lines of text: Of the many shark navigator reviews - this one reviews the shark navigator vacuum in full. is better.
    #5 - alter the first text box - split it in two, so as to float an ad box to the upper right of the text.
    #6 You are sat on page two - do some back-linking to get it at least onto page one. Check Mark Knowles, he has some info relating to how to do it.

Good luck smile

JillKostowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Could you please verify what you mean by splitting first box into two, and headers?  I am not exactly sure how to do that.
      Thank you for the advice.

3. Enelle Lamb profile image84
    Enelle Lambposted 6 years ago

Something else you could try would be to add an RSS feed capsule as that adds fresh content to older hubs and google likes new content. If there is a relevant video to your product/hub you can also include that.

4. JillKostow profile image88
    JillKostowposted 6 years ago

I added more text, a video, tags, and summary.  Not sure how to back link....

1. frogdropping profile image83
      frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok -didn't get back online so missed your second query.

Tags - lose any that are too general, you're targeting 'shark navigator: shark, pets, lightweight, suction, pet hair, furniture, cleaning, opinions, dirt container, etc etc.

Text box - you have now inserted a side-by-side text box at the top of your hub. This has pushed the main ad-block down. It needs to be in the upper right of the page. I wrote a hub on how to do what I'm getting at:
      HubPages Blueprint

Good luck - oh and you'll find some back linking stuff on the hub, and which hubbers to turn to (reading wise) for anything related to writing on Hubpages/online smile

Ok, I moved the text boxes around which moved the ad-block up.  Also, I deleted the tags that were too general.  Thank you for pointing these things out, I didn't realize how many extra tags I have been using that are not neccessary.  Now I just have to work on backlinks.  Thank you again smile

1. frogdropping profile image83
          frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Awesome - looking much better. Now --- more work smile

Move the video down to the base of the hub (it will fit). Where you have the text box titled: Main Vacuum Features, swap it for the Amazon capsule.

If you can find related products, insert another Amazon capsule in place of the one you need to move up. Then change your title - something like: Shark Navigator Review - Navigator Upright Vucuum V Dyson Vac.

The Main Vacuum Features text box either lose it or rewrite it a bit differently, change the header to Main Shark Navigator Features and insert another Amazon product box - maybe a Dyson vac in it?

I moved the video down but should it look that big?  Also I made the other changes.

5. Aiysha17 profile image61
    Aiysha17posted 6 years ago

Looking for some feedback on my work and how to increase my traffic and followers. I've been on here a while but I'm still not doing as well as the average writer on here. The people who read my work seem to like it but its just a case of getting more people to take an interest. How do I get noticed? Thanks.

Aiysha

working