jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

My Problem- hubpage links point to "deleted" pages have not....

  1. ajcor profile image61
    ajcorposted 6 years ago

    been deleted.
    I don't understand why on my hub  http://hubpages.com/hub/BehavioursOn-Truth--Cynicism
    there is one of those broken link signs which tells me that three links on my page are no longer working - removed by author but when I followed the link through and it led me to a page where I was informed that the author had indeed taken them down - no longer existed (no no I thought I haven't removed any hubs) ...However them!!!. So I then went back to my accounts page and there they still are Not removed out of the system at all.....
    so I ask what is going on ??

    1. Michael Willis profile image81
      Michael Willisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

      It looks like 3 of the linked hubs have been unpublished. it says on my tab, Page not found-That page doesn't exist. Are they yours or another Author's?

      1. ajcor profile image61
        ajcorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

        they are my hubs and I have not removed them...thanks for replying to me...cheers

    2. IzzyM profile image91
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

      if you have links to other hubs that are now unpublished, all you have have to do is go into edit mode, highlight the link, then click on the 'break link' module. Save and exit.

      1. ajcor profile image61
        ajcorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

        Thanks IzzyM - will try your suggestion if the problem occurs again...cheers

    3. pauldeeds profile image
      82
      pauldeedsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

      Some of your links have /hubtool/ at the front of them.  If you remove that, they should work:

      http://hubpages.com/hubtool/hub/Ban-The … t-You-Down

      should be:

      http://hubpages.com/hub/Ban-The-Bully-o … t-You-Down

      1. ajcor profile image61
        ajcorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

        Thanks Paul - I replaced the bad links with new one and the problem has now vanished...cheers

 
working