jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)

social monkee

1. Ritsos profile image44
    Ritsosposted 6 years ago

I have a feeling someone here said they used social monkee and wondered what people thought of it. It looks pretty good but I'm just concerned that google might see it as a link farm kind of thing and I woudn't want my account to be banned!

1. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Social Monkee is for backlinking and you don't add your Adsense ID to it, so I'm not sure how Google would see it as a damaging link farm.

Basically someone has gone to the expense and effort of setting up 100 new sites, for the purpose of adding links to.

Each link must be in a category and accompanied by a short paragraph to state what the link is about, along with tags.
      Each paragraph is unique by way of software Social Monkee uses.

At the moment the chances are that all those sites have not gained any PR (although I haven't checked since the recent PR update) but one day they could, and lend all your links some weight.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image75
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

i understand that it is a no no to link to, but that is only a general feeling i have - i cant point to specific opinions

3. theherbivorehippi profile image79
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

I use it Ritsos...I have for quite a while on my personal sites.

4. Ritsos profile image44
    Ritsosposted 6 years ago

Thanks .. Have joined signed up and about to post my my first one but I'm very confused by this bit

You can write text in here that won't be woop, to woop words or sentences use: {description1|descrption2|descrption3|descrption4} on {every|each|all} word you {want|choose|decide} to spin. Try and woop every 2nd or 3rd word.

Can someone explain please .. not sure what they mean by woop .. thought that was a bad thing ?

example would be great

ta

1. CMHypno profile image97
      CMHypnoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hey Ritsos, SocialMonkee ask you do spin the description and tags (or rewrite) to try and avoid too much duplication, as Google doesn't like duplicate contents.

HP doesn't like SocialMonkee, IMAutomator or any artificial backlinking services, so be warned!

1. theherbivorehippi profile image79
        theherbivorehippiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

People do use Social Monkee for other things besides Hubpages. I have never used in for my Hubpage sites...I use it for my personal websites.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image79

There's an easier way. Near the top of your screen there's an option to revert to old form, click it and then you physically type in three different descriptions, three different titles, tags, etc. It may take a minute longer but I find it a lot easier.

Ritsosposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I did see that .. will try that tomorrow ( I think you can only use it once a day as a freebie?) ... I'd be happier that way as there's no real way of knowing what the ones I posted look like .. the preview button didn't work .. thanks for that

2. IzzyM profile image90

Oh I didn't know that, so thanks! I prefer writing out my own summaries too smile

Oh gosh it's sooooo much easier! Plus, then you can really make your descriptions much more different than you can the other way.

5. IzzyM profile image90
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Ritsos please edit your last post to delete all mention of the S word.

Just recently here people found their HP accounts in jeopardy for even mentioning this topic. I know, silly as it sounds, HP staff do not differentiate between illegimate use or the legitimate use of the software/practice that Social Monkee uses.

Done .. I though you meant S for Social Monkee but you mean S for Woop don't you ;-)

Think I've figured it now anyway thanks .. just wrote three versions .. seems to have gone through .. will see how things go ... is it worth a paid sub do yiu think ?

Btw better not write a cricket hub about woop bowling then I guess ;-)

1. Garrett Mickley profile image82
        Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What about wooping class? You know, with the stationary bikes and the loud techno music?

what's that song ... you woop me round like a record baby lol ..

woop doctors  . political woop .. oh god you've got me started now .. my head is in a woop :-)

2. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Doubt it would matter with bookmarks on Social Monkee since they aren't like a duplicate of the article he is backlinking to?
      I tried social, I didn't realize it gets you 25 bookmarks, I didn't remember properly see, I vaguely remembered something about you could use it once a day!

6. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

If any of you guys who've commented hasn't got the premium version of Social Monkee and wants it, please feel free to message me and let me know and I might be able to help you!

(The premium version's completely free if you get 12 referrals!)

1. IzzyM profile image90

Well, I have the premium version because I bought it with my birthday money. I also now have 14 referrals which is more than enough to get it for free.
      So my referrals are lying there wasted, and there is no incentive for me to promote Social Monkee.
      I still quite like them, all the same.

I don't know how to share my referrals with anyone who needs it.

lol..darn you, I need 10 referrals. I just put it on my profile a couple weeks ago because I had planned on buying a premium for a while and then I thought..hey...let me see if I can get it for free but I may just end up buying it. I'm too impatient to wait.

1. IzzyM profile image90

You're a sweetheart! How can I give my referrals to you...or even any future referrals to others once you have enough?

There must be a way. It's not like other referral programs where you continue to earn or have other benefits - once you have earned your free copy that is it, eve if you paid for the software!

I assume referrals are like non-transferable plane tickets. lol

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

No, you just give someone your referral link, that's all, and they alter their link(s).  I got my first few through someone helping me that way.  Nowadays I have referrals piling up and I don't need them.

Closed to reply

working