social monkee

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Ritsos profile image40
    Ritsosposted 12 years ago

I have a feeling someone here said they used social monkee and wondered what people thought of it. It looks pretty good but I'm just concerned that google might see it as a link farm kind of thing and I woudn't want my account to be banned!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Social Monkee is for backlinking and you don't add your Adsense ID to it, so I'm not sure how Google would see it as a damaging link farm.

Basically someone has gone to the expense and effort of setting up 100 new sites, for the purpose of adding links to.

Each link must be in a category and accompanied by a short paragraph to state what the link is about, along with tags.
      Each paragraph is unique by way of software Social Monkee uses.

At the moment the chances are that all those sites have not gained any PR (although I haven't checked since the recent PR update) but one day they could, and lend all your links some weight.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

i understand that it is a no no to link to, but that is only a general feeling i have - i cant point to specific opinions

3. theherbivorehippi profile image64
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

I use it Ritsos...I have for quite a while on my personal sites.

4. Ritsos profile image40
    Ritsosposted 12 years ago

Thanks .. Have joined signed up and about to post my my first one but I'm very confused by this bit

You can write text in here that won't be woop, to woop words or sentences use: {description1|descrption2|descrption3|descrption4} on {every|each|all} word you {want|choose|decide} to spin. Try and woop every 2nd or 3rd word.

Can someone explain please .. not sure what they mean by woop .. thought that was a bad thing ?

example would be great

ta

1. CMHypno profile image84
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Ritsos, SocialMonkee ask you do spin the description and tags (or rewrite) to try and avoid too much duplication, as Google doesn't like duplicate contents.

HP doesn't like SocialMonkee, IMAutomator or any artificial backlinking services, so be warned!

1. theherbivorehippi profile image64
        theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People do use Social Monkee for other things besides Hubpages. I have never used in for my Hubpage sites...I use it for my personal websites.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image64

There's an easier way. Near the top of your screen there's an option to revert to old form, click it and then you physically type in three different descriptions, three different titles, tags, etc. It may take a minute longer but I find it a lot easier.

Ritsosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did see that .. will try that tomorrow ( I think you can only use it once a day as a freebie?) ... I'd be happier that way as there's no real way of knowing what the ones I posted look like .. the preview button didn't work .. thanks for that

2. IzzyM profile image87

Oh I didn't know that, so thanks! I prefer writing out my own summaries too smile

Oh gosh it's sooooo much easier! Plus, then you can really make your descriptions much more different than you can the other way.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Ritsos please edit your last post to delete all mention of the S word.

Just recently here people found their HP accounts in jeopardy for even mentioning this topic. I know, silly as it sounds, HP staff do not differentiate between illegimate use or the legitimate use of the software/practice that Social Monkee uses.

Done .. I though you meant S for Social Monkee but you mean S for Woop don't you ;-)

Think I've figured it now anyway thanks .. just wrote three versions .. seems to have gone through .. will see how things go ... is it worth a paid sub do yiu think ?

Btw better not write a cricket hub about woop bowling then I guess ;-)

1. Garrett Mickley profile image77
        Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What about wooping class? You know, with the stationary bikes and the loud techno music?

what's that song ... you woop me round like a record baby lol ..

woop doctors  . political woop .. oh god you've got me started now .. my head is in a woop :-)

2. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Doubt it would matter with bookmarks on Social Monkee since they aren't like a duplicate of the article he is backlinking to?
      I tried social, I didn't realize it gets you 25 bookmarks, I didn't remember properly see, I vaguely remembered something about you could use it once a day!

6. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

If any of you guys who've commented hasn't got the premium version of Social Monkee and wants it, please feel free to message me and let me know and I might be able to help you!

(The premium version's completely free if you get 12 referrals!)

1. IzzyM profile image87

Well, I have the premium version because I bought it with my birthday money. I also now have 14 referrals which is more than enough to get it for free.
      So my referrals are lying there wasted, and there is no incentive for me to promote Social Monkee.
      I still quite like them, all the same.

I don't know how to share my referrals with anyone who needs it.

lol..darn you, I need 10 referrals. I just put it on my profile a couple weeks ago because I had planned on buying a premium for a while and then I thought..hey...let me see if I can get it for free but I may just end up buying it. I'm too impatient to wait.

1. IzzyM profile image87

You're a sweetheart! How can I give my referrals to you...or even any future referrals to others once you have enough?

There must be a way. It's not like other referral programs where you continue to earn or have other benefits - once you have earned your free copy that is it, eve if you paid for the software!

I assume referrals are like non-transferable plane tickets. lol

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

No, you just give someone your referral link, that's all, and they alter their link(s).  I got my first few through someone helping me that way.  Nowadays I have referrals piling up and I don't need them.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)