jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Are page views & the no. of times hubs have been read the same thing?

1. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Is the number of page views the same thing as the number of times a hub has been read?

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so on the HP stats.  I think the 40% of HP's share of page views aren't included in the HP stats.  You can see them on Google Analytics though.

1. WriteAngled profile image91
        WriteAngledposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find the whole business very confusing and non-transparent.

I had 108 views yesterday showing in "My Account", the first time ever that I have topped 100. However, Google Ads is saying I had 57 views and HP Ads has only credited me with 42 views.

I went back to HP Ads last week after the subdomain business in order to see what would happen since I am getting no Adsense clicks. However, more and more I am beginning to think HP Ads is a big con and HP are taking way more than 40% of the earnings.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Not always.

Someone could be on the page long enough to register as a view, but not actually read the page.

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting.  I thought they were the same.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How would you know the difference between a visitor and reader?

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
          Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea.  As long as I get a view and my followers keep increasing it doesn't much matter I guess.

2. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting point. Also heard that in some rare cases no adsense impression counted but a click on that ad could happen.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Top, yes you are correct. On the rare occasion I have received clicks, but had no impressions on a particular hub. It's weird, but been done.

working