jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Thumbnails

1. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 6 years ago

I would like to show only a Thumbnail size photo to the left of the opening paragraph (of my Hub) to give it an engraved design. Is there a way to do this with Hub photo editing tools? Thanks.

2. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

Photos are available only on the RH side of hubs.

3. snakeslane profile image80

thanks Danette, I kind of figured that out, but I accidently left the thumbnail AND the photo together in the published hub, not sure how to fix that if you could help? I was hoping to have the thumbnail only and give viewer the option to click on photo, but now I seem to be stuck with both. Kind of liking the big art to open with a grotty subject so maybe ok, but how would I get rid of the thumbnail and keep the pic? Any thoughts?

4. Danette Watt profile image88

Not sure if I can help at this point. I played around in a hub of mine and could not have just thumbnails in the hub without a larger picture. Although I though I'd seen someone else do that  - have just a bunch of thumbnails. But maybe that isn't even possible.

But if you want to get rid of the thumbnails and have just the larger pic, go to the drop down box and choose either "border" or "no border." That deletes the thumbnail and then you can choose Full size, Half Size or Quarter size under each individual photo.

Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can answer how (if possible) to have just thumbnails, no large photos.

5. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Danette is right, when you opt for thumb nail.. you end up with two pictures.. so you may have to edit and choose with or without border.. that is the only way to work around this problem.

6. Hunbbel Meer profile image90
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

I tried the same, but didn't benefit much. When you choose the thumbnail I guess every time you end with two pictures (a thumbnail and a larger one). I don't know why it happened, but it happened with me. Don't know what's the use of the 'thumbnail only' then.

1. Danette Watt profile image88
      Danette Wattposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It would be useful if you have a lot of pictures you want to display. Rather than have people scroll down the page to see 25 pics you can arrange them in a grid and then readers can just click on each thumbnail to look at it.

7. snakeslane profile image80

Thankyou, there's a big learning curve going on here!

8. Danette Watt profile image88

http://jsmatthew.hubpages.com/hub/Photo … -Lowell-MA

this is a hub with a good example of many thumbnails to preclude scrolling and scrolling down through the page.

9. snakeslane profile image80

Thanks for your help Danette!  I am enjoying fooling around with all the  layout possibilities will check out the link. Thanks Hunbbel Meer it is frustrating when you don't know how it works and afraid to change it for fear of losing something. And thanks Sofs, doing the "no borders" option makes sense.

working