jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

My first hub!

1. preservemypics profile image73
    preservemypicsposted 6 years ago via iphone
    1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you did a good job.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like Rochelle, I would say you did a good job, but you are left with a space at the bottom which doesn't look so good.

I would break your text up further into capsules and break the photos up too. Lay them out so there is no space.

Have you written a separate summary? Pretty topical at the moment on the forums, as many people didn't realise one was required for SEO purposes.

Welcome to Hubpages smile

2. wavegirl22 profile image46
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

I think you did a good job as well, though I think I would break into a few more capsules and maybe add a couple more pics of maybe a scanner and  a good pic of what you are doing to preserve them, like a book or a collage or whatever it is you plan the end results to use them for, Maybe show a finished book or a poster . .what ever it is people love to see pictues and how you got to where you are.

It makes the hub pleasing to read and if you show the steps for what scanner your used to the b oxes your organized them into.. .you not only have a great end result but you may have picked up an item from amazon (like a choice of easy scanners) and even options of photo books or boxes to keep them in..

Its a great topic and with the holidays around the corner a great project that can turn into a heirloom present.

Outline is great but IMHO there is plenty to add to make it flow and even more interesting.

Hey you could even start a whole club or series with this idea.

Best of luck to you....

Also just a word from the wise .. before or after you are done with the hub, check tio make sure you have written a summary describing in a few words what the Hub is all about. Best to do it before finishing the hub so you dont have to go back, this is a step that is well worth it,as it is what the engines see as the "coming attractions" of whats in the Hub.

Good Luck you look like you are onto a great start.

3. Extinct Soul profile image61
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

I didn't know that we are allowed to promote our hubs in the forums like this one...hmm

1. IzzyM profile image87

Only in this forum - Extreme Hub Makeover:)

1. Extinct Soul profile image61
        Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh..so it's just been posted on the wrong forum topic...ok smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

Oh! Seems to have been, unless someone shifted it. Well spotted, no doubt the OP will be in trouble now.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
            Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, it will probably be shifted.  It should be flagged for the purpose of shifting. OK-- I sent a report. Newbies need a bit of leeway.

4. Neerizzle profile image84
    Neerizzleposted 6 years ago

Good First Hub, welcome to Hubpages! smile

working