jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Question

1. juicergirl profile image63
    juicergirlposted 5 years ago

I'm currently working on a hub that I would like to include Amazon links in. I already have an Amazon Associates account that I use on my personal website. I can't seem to find anything on Amazon about this, but I may have over-looked it. Is it safe to use the same Amazon associate account for hubpages, or do I need to make a new one? (In other words: Does Amazon work per site, or can you use your associate ID on any site once you're approved?) On other forums, I've seen people talking about making new amazon accounts, but I didn't pay close attention. Now I'm worried about using my associate ID here if it's only approved for my personal website. Thoughts? Advice? A quick smack upside the head? (My head. Not yours, of course!)

2. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 5 years ago

No its fine to use your Amazon associate account here.  In the near future (?)Amazon will be provided via Hub Ads but for the moment you need a separate Amazon Assoc. Account to earn here. Amazon capsules are provided by HubPages for this purpose.

3. juicergirl profile image63
    juicergirlposted 5 years ago

Thank you, Rik. I have read the Amazon capsule stuff, but am going back over it now. I'm not sure why other people are making different associate accounts for each website they own, but I'm glad I don't have to.

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
      Rik Ravadoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use the same Amazon id on Blogger as on Hubpages with no problem.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

People create different Amazon IDs to keep better track of what sells where. Not different accounts, just different IDs.

1. juicergirl profile image63
      juicergirlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That makes way more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

working