jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How long for edited summary to update?

1. staceyh profile image81
    staceyhposted 5 years ago

I just tried publishing a hub and I made a typo in my summary (I meant to say $500 million and not just $500).  I went to edit it and the original with the typo is still there in the feed.  Right now I have it as unpublished even though it's still showing in my feed (with the typo).  How long does it normally take to update?  I want to get the article re-published today, but I don't want the embarrassing typo to show.

Thank you!

2. staceyh profile image81

Well, I think I have it fixed.  It showed up (while still unpublished) on my mobile phone feed with the correct summary.  I re-published it but it's not showing in the feed yet.  Does that usually take a while since I had unpublished it?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Stacey

This has happened to me as well but I never let it stop me from leaving the Hub published after I have corrected the typo/error.

I'm no expert but I am guessing that if you were to clear your history and your cookies on your PC, you would see the amended summary in your feed.

As for the feed, it only shows newly published Hubs and not re-published, so that is probably the reason you are not seeing it there.

Hope this random speculation is helpful! smile

3. staceyh profile image81

Thanks, Gordon. I just checked in another browser and I do see it there, with the amended summary.  I was in Firefox but I've noticed some issues with it lately, so perhaps it was just the browser.

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Glad you're sorted, Stacey smile

working