- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Pay Attention to These FIVE things if You DON'T Want Your AdSense Account Getting Banned
We all know that Google is the no.1 search engine in the world, beating down the others which including Yahoo and MSN. As the leader in the search engines industry, Google places a lot of importance on the quality and relevancy of its search engine. It uses a very complicated algorithm including its patented Page Rank system to determine the relevancy of each and every search result that it provides. Thus, making its users getting more accurate information and becoming more happier. It stresses a lot on its users experience and because of this, Google is more favored compares to the others.
For this very same reason, Google will impose a severe penalty to anyone who is doing the wrong things with the adsense or adwords program, whether intentionally or unintentionally. It may get you banned or even risking your account banned. There's nothing like a good action taken against wrongdoers from doing the same things over and again. It protects both the advertisers and its shareholders.
Avoid Doing These Stuffs on Your WebSite!
So if you are already running adsense on your blog or web sites or getting involved in it, do consider the things below before actually employing them:
- Having hidden texts on your web blog or having the font color of your text as same as the background of your blog for the sole purpose of filling them with rich keywords content so that only high paying ads are pulled will result your account being banned. This is the trick that most web masters used to practice to increase their adsense earning but Google is fast catching on. Some blackhat marketers still practicing this and it might just time before google sniffs them.
- The other tricks that most people love to use is page cloaking. Page cloaking is a common practice of using browser of bot sniffers to serve the bots of a different page other than the page that your visitors will be seeing. This is done by employing some programming snippets into a web site so that google bot will be reading different contents from what your visitor is actually seeing. By doing this, you are tricking your visitors to click on something that you want (high paying ads) which something that you visitors are not voluntarily to do.
- Participating in a link farm. Be cautious of placing any outgoing links on your web sites of blogs whether if adsense is served or not. Google knows that you can't control what is linking to you but you certainly have control of where you are linking to. Link farming is what people do to increase their search results but it is also something that google hates most. It is a type of manipulation that you do towards google to trick it believing that you web site should have higher page rank. Having a link higher than 100 on a single page will classify you as a link farm, especially if there are links on your page that have been banned. Avoid this altogether because once your site is banned, no once can find you in the search engine and it might even affect your adsense account.
- Selling links on your site or known as page rank for sale. If you have been online for quite some time, particular with the emerging of web 2.0, you will notice that they are (mostly) high ranking sites that offer to sell links with the right chosen anchor text. When a link is sold, the page rank juice of that particular site will flow to the site that receives the link. Google also consider this as a manipulation because it tricks the search engine into believing something that is not true.
- Having doorways on your site. Doorways is similar to page cloaking. The common practice is having a page loaded with your choice of keyword ads but redirecting your visitors to another "user friendly" page. There are many SEO firms that offer such services to boast search engine ranking but you may want to avoid this.
Another common thing that you must avoid is duplicated content. Google does not like duplicated content because it will only eat up the space that google need to store. In case if you are not already known, Google store any content that it found on its server and the most that it will cache is two copies of the same thing. More duplicated content means costing them more and for that there will place you at the last listing if you do.
Not all the practices will get your adsense account banned or terminated but they surely will affect your site ranking in the search results. Either your site will be removed completely or placed in the last result where no one bothers to click.