- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Help for New Hubbers
Quick tips for hubpages
BRAINSTORMING FOR NEW HUBS
- Make hubs from school, college, etc assignments you have saved (make
sure its individual assignments, homework not group ones to avoid any potential
- Use keyword research (Google Keyword tool)
- Use HubKarma Suggest Link for brainstorming new hubs.
- Use Wikipedia random article
feature for brainstorming (it’s on the left navigational bar.)
- Make a glossary of words for the topic you are most interested in.
Then write a hub about each term in that glossary.
- Use longtail keywords (=more then one word; long phrases) to optimize for Google BreadCrumbs
- Use names of people, places, products, etc as keywords
- Never use general words as keywords (like finance, Internet, etc)
- Write your own "Summary Text" for each of your hub. Use some keywords in it
- Save each of your hubs (and all corresponding pictures, etc) in a
separate folder on your computer in a folder called Hubs.
- Have a folder called IDEA BANK FOR HUBPAGES.
- Have a folder called WORK IN PROGRESS within your above mentioned
idea bank forder. Save here any hubs you have started working on.
- Anything you have written on the web elsewhere, make them into hubs.
- Save your published hubs in a Word document in a folder called
"PUBLISHED HUBS" (these will be your backup files)
- Save your files at more than one location (pendrive, computer, etc)
- Set aside a specific time each day or each week when you work on
hubpages. Try hard to stick with that schedule.
- Register a domain for your hubpages profile (free domains are: .tk
- Your Hubpages avatar and Gravatar.com avatar should be the same
- Use HubKarma Suggest Link on your lowest performing
hubs (in terms of traffic and HubScore).
- Try to write at least 500 words long hubs.
- Know your purpose; do you want best-, hot-, or money making hubs.
- Check the best- and the hottest hubs. Study them to figure out how
to improve your hubs.
- Add videos capsules to possibly ALL your hubs. Google loves
- The least outgoing links you have in the body of your hub; this increases
the “stickiness”of your hub. (stickiness is the “time on page ”in Google
- Make all your outgoing links to open in new browser
tab, not in the same tab.
- Write one paragraph per text capsule.
- Uncheck "This hub may be considered promotional"
Useful Resources for a More Rewarding Hubpages Experience
- Promote hubpages to earn from your referrals' hubs.
- Submit each hub and profile link to search engines.
- Use Suggest Link (for Hubkarma); link to your own hubs, and other
- Add SEOquake firefox plugin (click Info right next to SEOQuake logo
on toolbar) and analyze your hub.