12 Tips to Sharpen Your Judgment and Perception
- Fix Your Nutrition for Better Brain Health
Find out how good nutrition is the optimal fix for better brain health whether you suffer from mental illness (i.e., depression, bi-polar, or schizophrenia) or just have brain fog or fatigue.
- 5 Ways to Maintain Brain Health
Based on various studies, here are five ways to keep our brains healthy: exercise consume omega-3 consume antioxidants take B vitamins reduce sugar There are many other factors that contribute to brain health. But let's examine why...
Our minds and brains are needed for every task daily. As we age, it is very critical to keep it healthy. Here are some ways to sharpen your mind and brain to work effectively.
CHALLENGE YOUR MIND AND BRAIN
1. How do you challenge your mind and brain? By involving the mind in challenging activities, such as trying new things like reading challenging books, developing new talents, learning to playing a musical instrument, going new places, meeting people, attending a lecture on a topic that interests you and playing new games.
2. B VITAMINS- They help in promoting health to the brain, neurotransmitters and any cognitive decline and degenerative disorders. .
3. GINSENG- Although ginseng is known to reduce cholesterol and gives you energy, it is also good for enhancing learning process, improving memory and providing mental clarity. Ginseng comes in supplement and in tea form.
4. The Turmeric spice - Turmeric is great for memory loss, boost brain cells and keep the brain alert and sharp. You can utilize the ground Turmeric and put in salad, soups, vegetables and meat. However you choose to use turmeric, it works wonders.
5. Eat Collards and Mustard Greens - it does the brain good.
6. Eat Something and do not Starve yourself to Death
7. Drink Cherry Drinks and Ensure
They are loaded with antioxidants and this protects the brain from the damaging effects of free radicals. Research has shown that can fight disease.
8. FIND WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS
A high level of stress hormones affects the hippocampus and the memory. You can bring less damage to your brain and keep your brain sharp by choosing effective means in dealing with the stresses of everyday. Learn to slow down, manage your time wisely, calming down, changing your thoughts, thinking about the positive and so forth.
THINGS TO AVOID
9. Avoid Things with Monosodium Glutamate- Massive Amount of MSG can cause chest pain, dizziness and headaches. Some food items are potato chips, Frito’s, canned soups, spices, sauces, certain salad dressings, Chinese food, bouillon cubes and frozen entrees. It is best to read the labels.
10. Avoid Anything with Aspartame-
- Excessive use of aspartame can cause headaches, migraines, memory loss and depression other dangers to the body as well.
11. Do not Eat things Loaded With Splenda
THINGS TO DO
12. Exercise at least three times a week for 15 to 20 minutes such as jumprope, running, jogging and playing a sport.