12 Tips to Keep Your Brain Healthy as You Age
Our minds and brains are needed for every task daily. As we age, it is very critical to keep it healthy. Here are some ways to sharpen your mind and brain to work effectively.
CHALLENGE YOUR MIND AND BRAIN
1. How do you challenge your mind and brain? By involving the mind in challenging activities, such as trying new things like reading more challenging books, developing new talents, learning to play a musical instrument, going new places, meeting people, attending a lecture on a topic that interests you and playing new games.
2. B VITAMINS- They help in promoting health to the brain, neurotransmitters and any cognitive decline and degenerative disorders. .
3. GINSENG- Although ginseng is known to reduce cholesterol and gives you energy, it is also good for enhancing learning process, improving memory and providing mental clarity. Ginseng comes in supplement and in tea form.
4. Take Curcumin or Turmeric Supplement or the Turmeric spice - Turmeric is great for memory loss, boost brain cells and keep the brain alert and sharp. You can utilize the ground Turmeric and put in eggs, salad, soups, vegetables, meat, fish or add warm milk to it. However you choose to use turmeric, it works wonders.
5. Eat Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. On a road trip, I actually took a kit with all these types of berries and was very surprised that eaten altogether it gave me sharpness, energy and revitalize my brain. These berries protect the brain cells from free radicals and increase brainpower.
- 6 Top Spices to Boost Your Health Daily
Spices can boost your health, prevent and protect you from many harmful diseases and help you in your daily life. Learn what these spices and health benefits to restore your life.
6. Drink Pomegranate juice or eat pomegranate seeds.
Pomegranate is a Middle Eastern fruit, but also can be bought in the United States and other countries as well. They are loaded with antioxidants and this protects the brain from the damaging effects of free radicals. Research has shown that pomegranate can fight Alzheimer's disease.
7. Eat Sunflower seeds- Sunflower Seeds plays a great role in the functioning of the brain. These are high in thiamine, which is necessary for memory and cognitive function.
8. Eat Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds contain Omega 3, Omega 6, zinc and a great amount of magnesium to soothe your brain.
9. FIND WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS
A high level of stress hormones affects the hippocampus and the memory. You can bring less damage to your brain and keep your brain sharp by choosing effective means in dealing with the stresses of everyday. Learn to slow down, manage your time wisely, calming down, changing your thoughts, thinking about the positive and so forth.
THINGS TO AVOID
10. Avoid things with Monosodium Glutamate- Massive amount of MSG can cause chest pain, dizziness and headaches. Some food items are certain brands of potato chips, Frito’s, canned soups, spices, sauces, certain salad dressings, Chinese food, bouillon cubes and frozen entrees. It is best to read the labels to avoid MSG.
11. Avoid anything with Aspartame- excessive use of asapartame can cause headaches, migraines, seizures, memory loss, confusion, depression and other dangers to the body as well.
THINGS TO DO
12. Exercise at least three times a week for 15 to 20 minutes. Whether it is jumprope, running, jogging, playing a sport, riding a bike, working out at the gym or any other activity.