20 Excuses to Take a Nap
Get on Board with Napping
Taking a nap - it's awesome. We should all strive to take more naps. They help us feel better rested if we did not get enough sleep at night. Naps allow us to take a nice break away from our daily activities. They give us another opportunity to dream. Even if you are having a really bad day, sometimes just one nap can help fix it. Naps are great!
Unfortunately, many of us live in an anti-nap society. We work for companies that don't appreciate our need to take a nap during the afternoon. We are pressured to stay awake even when we are too tired to get through school, work, or that annoying car drive home. OK, well maybe you need to stay awake when driving home, but other than that, why is it so frowned upon to take a little snooze under our desks? That just doesn't seem fair!
Well, I am here to help you come up with some excuses to take naps throughout the day. I can't promise any of these excuses are actually good excuses, but they are excuses nonetheless. I hope you have the chance to try to use some of these excuses in the near future and then just nap away!
20 Excuses For Napping
- You were having a staring contest with your dog and somehow he managed to put you in a trance. Naturally, you were forced to take a nap. Unfortunately, this means the dog won.
- You were up all night baking food for local homeless shelters and knitting sweaters for sick newborn babies at the hospital. Due to your lack of sleep you had no choice but to take a midday nap.
- The keyboard in front of your computer looked so comfortable, you were forced to lay your head down on it to make sure your suspicions were correct. You could not help but take a little nap during the experiment.
- The cat was napping on the couch. If the cat can do it, anyone can.
- If stores did not intend for customers to take an occasional nap on those display beds, why did they bother making them look so comfortable with nice new sheets and blankets?
- Since the employee lounge at work got a new couch, it seems only right that someone had to break it in. After some careful research, it has officially been "nap approved" by you.
- The movie theater had far more comfortable chairs than anyone anticipated, and the movie was an especially long one. You did not need to know how it ended anyway; you'll catch it on cable.
- You are going to be in a snoring contest next month. You just needed some extra practice for the big event.
- Napping? You weren't napping. Sometimes people just rest their eyes... for an hour or two.
- Your new bed just looked so comfortable. It is best to try it out to make sure it is suitable for you. You also bought some new pillows. Those need to be tested as well... on separate occasions.
- You are a grown adult and if you want to take a nap, well, you are going to take a nap and why should anyone stop you! You weren't getting much done anyway at work.
- You are a child and growing up, and deserve to take a nap anytime you want. You weren't learning anything anyway when you happened to snooze at your desk at school.
- You couldn't think of anything better to do.
- Did you know it is the cool new thing to drift to sleep while standing up brushing your teeth? Oh yeah, all the coolest people are doing it. You just happen to be a trendsetter and can't help it that you are awesome.
- Did you know it is equally cool to fall asleep while taking a relaxing bath? Well, it is. Unless you start to go into the water and nearly drown. That, my friends, is not cool.
- You are sick and sick people deserve naps and lots of them.
- You are sick of being awake and people who are tired of being awake deserve naps... just maybe not lots of them.
- You wanted to make time go faster and since time machines are not yet invented, you were forced to take a long nap to "skip ahead" a few hours.
- That long car ride home from vacation made you sleepy. Just as long as you are the passenger, this is totally socially acceptable. If not, that nap might not be a good idea.
- You were just simply tired, of course!
Are You Still Awake?
As you can see, just about anything is an excuse for taking a nap. Perhaps just reading this hub put you to sleep and you can use this is an excuse for taking a nap! Hey, I am happy to help.... I think.
If you are still awake, hopefully you were not bored to tears with this nap discussion and you can go on to do other productive things today. But if not, at least you have 20 excuses for napping that you can use.
Copyright ©2013 Jeannieinabottle
Nap Time Poll
How often do you nap each week?
Even More Hubs That Are Sort of Helpful:
- Stuff You Shouldn't Say If You're Broke
If you don't have a lot of money, maybe you need to think twice about your purchases. You definitely need to think more about what you say to people. There is some stuff broke people just shouldn't say to anyone.
- Good Excuses for Unfinished Homework
Homework - we've all had to do it sometime. Let's face it, you don't always want to do it. Sometimes you don't even have time to do it. Let's discuss some of the best excuses for unfinished homework.
- How to Make Your Performance Review at Work as Hilar...
Performance reviews are a part of working in corporate America. It doesn't have to be so boring though. Check out some answers that will surely make the review hilarious.
- Reasons Why You Should Never Go Grocery Shopping Whi...
You should never go grocery shopping while really hungry or with an extremely full stomach, but you also should avoid going to the grocery store if you are practically asleep. Please take a journey with me to the grocery store in this hub, and I am s