AIEEE 2012 result and Pre-counseling preparations
Need for pre-counseling preparation
After a huge speculation finally AIEEE, 2012 results are out. But real questions emerge now. What will be the cut-offs? What may be the college-wise and branch-wise preferences? All such questions must be ringing alarming bells in parent’s and students’ minds. But the remedy lies in staying cool, acquiring pre-counseling information and working out an action plan. In this article an attempt is being made at helping out students and parents by advice on cut-offs through perusing some good websites. Best links for obtaining pre-counseling information are suggested. Given you are invited for counseling and having gone through this article, you will feel much more relaxed and decisive about your course of action during the counseling session since you will be prepared for the best as well as the worst scenario.
You must now think in terms of unavailability of the particular stream and particular college you are gunning for by the time your turn comes for counseling. Say you intend to select mechanical branch at NIT, Warangal or NIT, TrichY. But when you are called for counseling you observe that all the seats you were looking for have evaporated and you are left with other choices. What will you do? Only pre-knowledge about NITs and other colleges accepting AIEEE score will tell you that NITs of Surathkal, Calicut and Allahabad also have good core streams. So a pre-requisite for the counseling session consists in acquiring good knowledge of the NITs, IIITs and all other colleges accepting AIEEE score as the basis for admission.
The course of action
The course of action which should be taken up step by step is a s follows:
1. Eligibility cut-offs:
First of all check your eligibility for counseling. If you have secured more than the following cut-offs you are eligible:
General category: 48 marks
OBC category: 45 marks
SC/ST category: 18 marks
Physically Handicapped/PWD/PH: 18 marks
2. Make your choice of branch clear to yourself. You should not have any confusion regarding this since this consideration should rank above all other considerations. Of course you may be ready with most preferred, second most preferred and third most preferred streams. For example, a typical preference order may be like
A. Computer Science
B. Information Technology
C. Electronics & Communication Engineering.
3. Next, you have to find out whether your score allows you to select your most preferred branch of engineering in the college you desire. Though it cannot be done perfectly as of now yet you can have some idea by comparing with last year’s cut-offs. You may run a mock counseling session by observing 2011branch-wise cut-offs in various colleges through the following links:
A. This link provides the names of colleges and number of seats thereof, which accept AIEEE score for admission to different streams of engineering.
B. This link provides college-wise opening and closing ranks for 2011 counseling.
C. This link will help you to have an idea about the cut-offs with respect to branches, colleges and categories. The link opens with details about Assam University, Silchar. As you scroll down, the list of all colleges appears. Click the name of the college you want and get the details.
Locking dates of streams and colleges by eligible candidates:
Candidates who are eligible can lock choice of streams and colleges in the period 22-06-2012 to 25-06-2012.
For the first round seats will be allotted on 27-06-2012
For the second round seats will be allotted on 05-07-20012
For the third round seats will be allotted on 12-07-2012
You may also use the following facts while taking your decision:
1. NIT Thiruchirapalli, Warangal, Surathkal, Allahabad and Calicut are known to have good core branches i.e. Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Electronics.
2. According to a report, NIT Tiruchirappalli was the most preferred location for top 1000 rank holders.
3. According to the same report, the second and third most preferred locations were NIT Warangal and NITK Surathkal respectively.
4. According to the above report Electronics was the most sought after branch in AIEEE 2011 followed by Computer Science and mechanical engineering.
5. Facebook recently employed a computer science student from MNNIT, Allahabad for a package of 1.34 Cr. This required him to clear nine rounds of interview.
IITJEE 2013: Follow these 10 tips to get selected with a good rank
- IITJEE 2013: Follow these 10 tips to get selected with a good rank
Always there is a group of students, some of them really meritorious, which, may be due to lack of self or parents' awareness, does not start for IITJEE in time. But little do they know, there are tricks to crack and IITJEE can still be cracked. Read
For success in tough entrance tests develop a habit of logical and streamline thinking
- For success in tough entrance tests develop a habit of logical and streamline thinking
Minutest attempts make you have an edge over your competitors in tough entrance tests. So you have to tweak your strengths to step ahead in the photo-finish. Streamline thinking habit is a way to achieve expertise in solving cryptic problems in a lim
10 questions to ask before chosing a coaching centre for IITJEE, AIEEE or AIPMT
- 10 questions to ask before chosing a coaching centre for IITJEE, AIEEE or AIPMT
If you think you will chose the right coaching centre for your ward in one go you are terribly mistaken. Marketing strategies and number of available options will baffle you if you are not ready with your questions. Ask these questions to yourself an