Advantages and disadvantages of being an only child.
I was one of those kind of kids whom does not have a brother or sister. I am what you would call a only child. Like anything there are advantages and disadvantages of only children. Of course there are also myths when it comes to only children. For some it may be true and yet for others it may not. It all depends on how the parents bring their only children up.
- Have their own room
- Don't have to fight for attention from your parents. If you are having a hard time in school, your parents will find the extra help that you need. They may do the same if you have siblings, but there is more of a chance that you will get the help you need.
- Don't have siblings getting you into trouble.
- Nobody to play with. Can get bored easily.
- Sometimes may not be that social and like being alone. When you are an only child you need to get involved in activities to be around other kids you own age.
- No role models. Usually you spend a lot of time around adults as there is no one else to look up to.
Some Other Things To Know
No matter what, there are advantages and disadvantages of being an only child. Growing up, I had always wanted to have a brother or sister, but that never happened. Because we are only children, we can be good leaders. I know sometimes I can be on the bossy side, but that is the only child in me. Sometimes I even like the quiet time I have. I also like having my own room which people whom have siblings may have to share the same room with them. I don't have to worry about that.
Yes it can be boring at times being an only child, but I always did find a way to occupy myself. Most of the time, I learned to occupy my time with a book. We didn't have computers back then like we do now.