Proper life style of students preparing for tough competitive exams: How to remain balanced?
The tough competition for berth in good colleges and companies presses the students of today to work extremely hard and sometimes with such effort which cannot be termed normal by any means. They are even jeopardizing their health and sometimes deviating away from the ethical path of life. Not surprisingly they are frequently falling prey to physical and mental diseases which do not only turn them into a weaker lot but also end up their career aspirations hopelessly. Many events have been reported in recent past in which students have committed crime due to tension, humiliation, inferiority complex, under-achievement, lack of moral values etc. All of these are sorts of life-style diseases. These ailments are gradually infecting the students who do not take to a middle line. Students must understand or be made to understand that it is as important to be decent, polite, sober and well-mannered as is to excel in studies and grades. What and how to achieve depends on how correctly you follow a balanced lifestyle. In this article we shall discuss how to manage your time and chose your daily actions so that you can achieve the desired and still be not unethical in your daily life.
- He Prepared for 10+2 Board Exams for 2 Months, Scored 90%
When the 10+2 board exams are around the corner, these tips may come handy. Read how this student, not studying very seriously till 2 months before the boards, scored 90% with 2 months preparation.
1.Start your day early in the morning.
Get up early in the morning. ‘Early’ may mean 5AM to somebody or 7AM to others. In any case you must complete the necessary quota of sleep which is 7-8 hours. The point here is that you have to start your day at an early hour according to your own standards. But if you start really early then you have an option of revitalizing yourself by napping in the afternoon. This has a very relaxing and reviving effect on your mind. You may click the following link to understand the merits of a day nap:
Besides, during study in the morning you also feel like advancing ahead while the world is sleeping. This gives you a feeling of competitive edge.
2. Take exercise regularly
Exercise for about 15-20 minutes and practise meditation and breathing exercises every day.
Stretching exercises are the best for students since students have to sit in similar positions for hours together. Minor aches in joints can be done away with on daily basis by taking to Yoga, aerobics, light push-ups etc.
Meditation helps students immensely with relaxation of mind. It helps students to
a. Provide an invigorating effect to brain,
b. Gain thinking, counting and calculating speed,
c. Sleep peacefully,
d. Behave normally and ethically,
e. Avoid distractions of mind
f. Concentrate properly and give full attention to a lecture being delivered,
g. Get rid of headaches , blood pressure, anger, fits, restlessness and anxiety,
The following link takes you to a kind of meditation that teaches you to concentrate on your body-parts.
3. Keep good company
The effects of good company are profound. Company of studious, decent and polite friends helps to keep you in good mental state. Talk to such friends daily to keep your spirit going. Such company helps to refine your thought-process and you are urged to allow only positive, healthy thoughts into your mind.
4. Help out weaker students
Sometimes it is observed that higher grade students are unwilling to help weaker students due to busy schedules and unavailability of time. This is not a correct thing to do. When you try to solve the problems of weaker students you gain in two ways. First, you will feel like doing a moral duty and gaining the true friendship of those helped. Secondly, while helping the weaker students with tough parts of the syllabus you develop authoritative knowledge of your subjects. It is of expert experience that while teaching something to somebody a person gets the real chance of correctly exhibiting the skills acquired, thus fine-tuning the knowledge earned.
5. Play regularly or take a brisk walk in a park
1. You can choose to do so in the evenings. Generally for a serious student preparing for a tough test it is not easy to find time for playing or walking. But playing for a while in the evening makes your brain healthier and your body free of any ailments. Alternatively you can do some brisk walking to enjoy your evening walk. Walking at a venue where many people are exercising together is a joyful way of taking light exercise.
6. Study in a calm and quiet Environment
If you have a peaceful, serene and calm corner for studies in your house you can concentrate better and more easily. Your depth of penetration in the topics increases. Moreover your room must be sufficiently lit for studies. Many students develop eye-sight problems due to insufficient light during studies.
7. Draw motivation from toppers of previous years
1. Preparing for hard competitive exams is a long process and staying in the fray for such a long time requires sustainability techniques. One such technique consists in reading or listening to previous years’ toppers’ interviews. You may collect clippings from news papers or videos to read or listen to them occasionally. Their advices and experiences motivate you thoroughly since you will get to know from people who have actually achieved.
See the following link to learn some tricks to crack competitive exams.
8. Build up your preparation cumulatively.
1. You are advised to follow such a study schedule and system, which you have to devise yourself, that allows building up your knowledge cumulatively. By this I mean, schedule your revision, tutorial and sessional studies in such a way that help you not to forget what you learn daily. This helps you to be ready at any moment for any surprise test or any sudden changes in exam pattern or schedules. You can visit the following link in this connection:
9. Try to be morally correct.
1. Believe it or not, it has a magical effect on your performance too. When you commit a morally wrong act, big or small, the guilt consciousness attached to it, deprives your mind of its actual thinking efficiency. The effect lingers in your brain and tries to block every constructive channel of the mind. Even if you do something wrong unintentionally, the best thing is to confess it, feel sorry from within and return to the correct path. In case you are unable to find a path seek advice from parents, a good teacher or friend. Never be disheartened about this. Remember, you can restore your image with good behavior and conduct.
10. Be honest to yourself.
The students who rear this habit are sure to perform reasonably well if not excellently. Almost all of us have the bad habit of procrastinating things with a queer self-cheating thought that we shall be able to complete all the left out things later. The advice suggests that since you are the person who knows your own expertise and drawbacks the best, you are best placed to tweak your daily timetable such that your self-commitments are completed in time. Make it a point to complete the works session by session. Those who go on deferring things are ultimately bound to confront anxiety, tension and fatigue. The same thing goes with character too. There are occasions when we know we are wrong and still we act as if we were right. Correcting such mistakes will make you a better person and help you perform well at every step in life.
IITJEE 2013: Follow these 10 tips to get selected with a good rank
- IITJEE 2013: Follow these 10 tips to get selected with a good rank
Always there is a group of students, some of them really meritorious, which, may be due to lack of self or parents' awareness, does not start for IITJEE in time. But little do they know, there are tricks to crack and IITJEE can still be cracked. Read
Prepare for Common Entrance Test, 2013: Tough problems on equivalent capacitance and resistance
- Prepare for Common Entrance Test, 2013: Tough problems on equivalent capacitance and resistance
Formula for Common Entrance Test, 2013 for admissions to IITs and NITs is ready, though there are still clouds of doubt over it. But serious candidates must be busy preparing for any format of the test that will be adopted. In order to test yourself