- Education and Science
How to do Brainstorming?
Brainstorm Mind Map makes you wiser
What is Brainstorming?
Brainstorming is a technique used when you want to recall all you know about a topic. Brainstorm brings out a number of concepts directly or indirectly related to a topic. It can be done individually or in a group. Group brain storming will help in generating a list of ideas to find solutions for problems. Brainstorming at individual level can be used as an advanced learning technique. It can be done after you learn in depth about a topic or while you revise your lessons after a class. This article focuses on how to do individual brainstorm mind map to revise your lessons.
How to Do Brainstorming? Pour them out on a paper
Decide on the topic
Take a plain piece of paper
Write down the ideas which come to your mind on the paper.
Don’t bother about the sequence
Write as points
Use pencil instead of pen
Go on till you get exhausted of the ideas
Do it speedily and think freely
How to Do Brainstorming? Organise Your Ideas
Pay attention to what you have put on the paper
Mark the important points
Strike out the unimportant or unrelated ideas
Think about the relationships, linkages and inter linkages between concepts.
Now you are ready to make a mind map of your topic based on these points
What is a Mind Map?
Mind map is a network of concepts or important points. Mind map helps in understanding the relationships between ideas. Cross linkages in a mind map help in identifying the complex relationships between different ideas. Mind map is useful in revising lessons for examinations, while planning for an assignment or an essay.
How to draw Mind Map?
Write the title of the topic in the centre of the paper.
Write the related ideas or concepts around the main concept
Link the main idea to the related ideas using lines with arrows.
If it is a unidirectional relationship use, unidirectional arrows and if it is bidirectional relationship, use bidirectional arrows in the brainstorm mind map.
You can put label to identify the relationship between concepts along with the arrow marks.
Link each of the concepts and ideas in such a way to reveal the complexity of the subject.
How to Make a Mind map?
Advantages of using Brainstorm Mind Map
1. Drawing a brainstem mind map gathers all your ideas around a particular topic
2. Mind map allows the understanding of relation between concepts
3. Using examples in a brainstorm mind map clarifies the ideas
4. Mind map allows the identification of differences and similarities
5. Allows sequencing of events or the order in which certain events happen along the time periods
6. Brainstorm mind map reveals the complexity of relationships
When to use Brainstorm Mind Map?
1. To organise and plan assignments
2. To take notes in a lecture class
3. To reinforce your last class
4. Collection of such mind maps will be permanent records for you to revise before the examination