Bulletproof or Shell Shocked?
Just for Our Tribe and Our People!
A friend once told me that she saw me as being Bulletproof at a time when I felt like more like I had just been through a Gun battle and lost. Riddled with holes and gasping for my last breath lying on the ground waiting for it to all be over. I think you get my point…that was such a contradictory statement to what my experience seemed to be. This led me to begin asking more detailed questions of my Heavenly Father to find out what my friend was seeing, that I couldn’t.
Obvious first question for my Daddy and Me time:
Daddy, what is she talking about; she sees me as being bulletproof when I feel like I am in a constant holding pattern just going around in circles and running low on fuel?
Which leads me to my first lesson of what it means to be bulletproof or shell shocked.
When I asked this first question, I was reminded of all the stories about Jesus “slipping” away through the raging crowds, which then sent me on my Journey to Understanding. Luke 4, John 8, and John 10.
Upon reading through the scriptures that I located on “Jesus slipping through the crowds”, I heard the words; Auto Pilot or Manually controlled. So my quest began.
Auto Pilot or Manually Controlled? Luke 4:29-30 ; Luke 4:14-37
When I realized that this was regarding beginning of Jesus’ Public Ministry as I read the entire chapter of Luke, I began to see several things beginning at verse 14:
1) Jesus publicly stood and proved His Identity with the written words from their beloved prophet Isaiah. Which at first they approved of.
2) Basically told them that they would change their minds on their approval of him.
Then Jesus continued to push their religious buttons;
3) Jesus DARED compare the works that he was doing to their “beloved” prophets Elijah and Elisha’s works. And opened their eyes to The truth of God’s Grace upon two Gentiles. Naaman the Syrian and Zarephath a widow in the land of Sidon.
4) Jesus was cloaked in the Spirit and was operating solely upon the Auto Pilot of his mission.
Interesting thing is, this is exactly the same steps that a Believer will take when accepting their God Given Assignment Call.
1) Find yourself and your identity in Jesus within the scriptures.
2) John 15:18-21 “If the world hates you [and it does], know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you belonged to the world, the world would love [you as] its own and would treat you with affection. But you are not of the world [you no longer belong to it], but I have chosen you out of the world. And because of this the world hates you. Remember [and continue to remember] that I told you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.But they will do all these [hurtful] things to you for My name’s sake [because you bear My name and are identified with Me], for they do not know the One who sent Me.
- Any believers when aligning themselves with Jesus or the prophets and disciples of old will ALWAYS face angry people who DO NOT BELIEVE and will hate you for messing with their Theology.
All of which has led me to the Main and Final points of this Lesson:
1) When you accept your God given assignment, like a rock climber or a scaler of the Highest Mountains YOU MUST TRUST YOUR EQUIPMENT.
Your equipment in this adventure is that Same Spirit that Jesus was cloaked with is the Same Spirit that empowers and cloaks you through any given situation as to walk out your God given assignment.
2) Those that you are Sent to minister to will often be Manually controlled by their own “Hot button Issues” and the Truth that you bring will push them to disclose their Unbelief!
- In closing, what my friend was seeing that I could not, IS My Equipment of The Spirit was displaying my Daily Armor that Every believer is instructed to put on daily against Attacks of Unbelief.
Ephesians 6:10-18 – In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [draw your strength from Him and be empowered through your union with Him] and in the power of His [boundless] might. Put on the full armor of God [for His precepts are like the splendid armor of a heavily-armed soldier], so that you may be able to [successfully] stand up against all the schemes and the strategies and the deceits of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this [present] darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) places.
So the choice is clear, choose to walk, Trusting the Equipping of the Spirit, or be Manually Controlled by those who will “Push” your buttons of Unbelief.
- Being manually controlled will cause you to become frozen by fear or what is known as being Shell Shocked by the battle; Which will leave you confused, exposed and vulnerable to the wiles of the enemy!
You might not “FEEL” like you are bulletproof when standing and walking in your Authority of the Spirit, but Trust The Equipment of the Spirit and He will lead, guide, and protect you in all the Truth of His Word!
- You might not realize your armor is intact, and may even feel like you are losing the battle. However, others like my friend and other True disciples will see that your armor is intact and will let you know you are only feeling the Darts of the Enemy “Ping” against it, NOT PENETRATING it.
Such are members of the Great Cloud of Witnesses that surround us daily cheering us on in our daily walk IN HIM!
© 2017 Cammy Walters